ahoy Rhino!

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

ahoy Rhino!

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I'm assuming that you heard the new album from The Absence already. My favourite track off of it is most definitely Maelstrom. It sereiously gives me a Jester Race In Flames vibe like nothing else. What say you?
Image
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: ahoy Rhino!

Post by rhino »

yeah man i bought the album the same week it came out, its good stuff, better than riders imo. they have a nack for melody, but they also have aggression and they mix the two perfect. this band should get more attention for sure :xx:





[youtube]f6s2kndQFW4[/youtube]
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: ahoy Rhino!

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I saw them when they opened their CD released tour. I'm friends with Mike Leon via his other band that he's in. I know Jamie as well and knows that he DJs at this bar near downtown on certain nights and work in the mall outside of Tampa. With that said, I got that they have a strong soft spot for Swedish melo-death and enjoys every moment they have as a band. Freaking Jamie considers Maelstrom to be the Arch Enemy song though. :redneck:
Image
Post Reply