Warp Riders

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Warp Riders

Post by Meat Engine »

Has anyone else given this a listen? After about one and one-half plays, I think it's a damn fine album. It's more polished than the previous albums. The sound is seemingly a little less "big", but there are some nice additions with the keyboard and synthesizer parts. It is 70's style space rock throughout.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Warp Riders

Post by rhino »

I love it man, its a pretty slick album. I read that they werent trying to make a "heavy" album this time around and play more like the 70s rock that influenced them



[youtube]E39p-0l11Kc[/youtube]



:xx:
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Warp Riders

Post by Meat Engine »

They succeeded in their goal. The album is a perfect tribute to that era.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Warp Riders

Post by droidspawn »

I love the album. Really groovy and definitely in my top 10 for the year.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Warp Riders

Post by Meat Engine »

I can say with confidence that I have not heard a better album this year. The influences are all over the place. Take Lawless Lands. You have this southern rock guitar sound being played over Deep Purple style organ synthesizer. I need someone older and more knowledgeable than I to pick out everything that's going on.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Warp Riders

Post by rhino »

I hear alot of thin lizzy, in this song particularly



[youtube]3Ugh6E_MR-8[/youtube]
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Warp Riders

Post by Meat Engine »

[youtube]5skCnxOMVOM[/youtube]



Video for Lawless Lands. :thingy:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Warp Riders

Post by droidspawn »

:bang:
Post Reply