A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Grudge
Metal God
Posts: 10535
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:23

A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by Grudge »

At first I thought this wasn't a very good album, but I gave it another try today and there's actually another very good song on it, "The Prolonging". It is 20 minutes long but it doesn't drag, it is really very good.
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by neckred »

I like Triptykon, and I'm very hard to please, especially when it comes to newer music, most of it sucks
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

TGW :grim:



Triptykon rape. Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things, but for the most part the songs are fine.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by vO)))id »

I still think the opening track is fucking brilliant. But for me, the clymax is in the beginning of the album, not towards the end, making the whole a bit less interesting.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by rhino »

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]





my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]





my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album[/quote]



It's confusing too, because Tom has stated that they'd rearrange things in practices (himself, Ain, and Sesa) and then come back to how he'd originally arranged the songs anyway. I think Ain had more of a contribution writing-wise or quality-control-wise.



Goetia and The Prolonging = :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Post Reply