Megadeth rocker Dave Mustaine refuses to play heavy rock anthem The Conjuring live - because the track is laden with black magic imagery and occult spells.
The singer became fascinated in witchcraft as a teen and he's convinced spells he cast have come back to haunt him.
Now a strict Christian, he's keen to distance himself from his dark past - and refuses to play his song The Conjuring from 1986 album Peace Sells... but Who's Buying on tour - because the lyrics about black magic still affect him.
He tells Total Guitar magazine, "Performance wise, The Conjuring is one of the heaviest songs on the record, but unfortunately it's got black magic in it and I promised that I wouldn't play it any more, because there's a lot of instructions for hexes in that song.
"Although it seems kinda corny, anybody who's a Wiccan (witch) or a warlock or anything like that will know that all of that stuff is instrumental.
"When I got into black magic I put a couple of spells on people when I was a teenager and it haunted me forever, and I've had so much torment. People say, 'Goddamn, Dave never gets a break, he's had such a hard life,' and I just think, 'No, Dave didn't - he got into black magic and it ruined his life.'
"Fortunately for me, with all the work and the love of my friends, and not giving up with my guitar playing, I got over it. So I look back now and I think, 'Hmm, I don't wanna play The Conjuring'."
Megadeth rocker Dave Mustaine refuses to play heavy rock anthem The Conjuring live - because the track is laden with black magic imagery and occult spells. Now a strict Christian,
Dave Mustaine and Blackie Lawless are two of the most ridicolous christianized rockstars of history. Mustaine for his declaration and Blackie too....last time I saw w.a.s.p. live he refused to play "animal fuck like a beast" and he did the sign of the cross on stage. Yes. Blackie "LAWLESS".
I think rockstars who start to grow old start also to become boring preachers. And rock'n roll was made by rebels, not by preachers.
But of course, I will never stop to listen their amazing music.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
I watched an hour-long (with commercials) snippet of the Big Four in Sofia, Bulgaria. It was on that channel, Palladia, or whatever it is called. James Hetfield positively ruined any chance I might enjoy Metallica's songs. His voice is now more grating that Mustaine's ever was.