CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Holocaust »

They have clever guitar parts and good songwriting. Don't watch the Jackass-style antics and think the band reflects that stupidity, as this is a common mistake and one could easily overlook the musical quality these duders possess. (Note who I have neglected to mention)



[youtube]ZlsMoiz3PQE[/youtube]

[youtube]kQxvInWJvE0[/youtube]
Image
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by droidspawn »

I enjoy their first album. It's been a while since I've rocked it though :idea:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Abzu »

Chad's a funny dude to hang out with.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by FUKKET »

i remember these dudes from my brothers skate videos (with heaps of guys that became jackass after mtv or whoever took interest).



some was ok.
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Syysysyd »

I used to play them quite a bit. They do have pretty good riffs and songwriting.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Hugo. »

[youtube]tD9Ab2g0G14[/youtube]



That hard-on bearer had a band with Tim Yeung afew years back.
Image
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by rhino »

i tried to get into this band just can't
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

[quote name="winburger"][youtube]tD9Ab2g0G14[/youtube]



That hard-on bearer had a band with Tim Yeung afew years back.[/quote]

fuck, you beaten me to it. I'm with Ryan on this that it's pretty tough to get into.
Image
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

As for CKY, I'd discovered them when playing Tony Hawk 3 when I was a kid. :redneck:

I still dig them. :santa:
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by Haunty »

Cky is better and cleverer than they get credit for. They're a-okay in my book.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
supa tuna
Ancient One
Posts: 4496
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
Location: The compound

Re: CKY (the band for fuck's sake)

Post by supa tuna »

not too into their newer stuff but i've been a fan of their earlier material for years.
Image

Image
Post Reply