SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced - Apr. 14, 2011
Since the band's final show in Hawaii in 1997, SOUNDGARDEN fans have hoped that Matt Cameron, Chris Cornell, Ben Shepherd, and Kim Thayil would once again take their exalted rock show on the road. This summer, SOUNDGARDEN will do just that.
The band has recently confirmed that they are in the studio in Seattle, and are writing and recording what will be the first new SOUNDGARDEN album in over 15 years. In the meantime, they will take a break to play a city near you. Today, four shows from their summer tour are announced, with more to come in the coming weeks.
The pre-sale for the SOUNDGARDEN fan club begins on April 18 and the tickets for Toronto, Philadelphia and Los Angeles will go on sale to the public on April 23. Denver will go on sale to the public on April 24.
The dates are as follows:
July 02 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheater
July 03 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
July 05 - Ottawa, ON - Ottawa Blues Fest
July 06 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
July 08 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
July 09 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre
July 10 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center for the Performing Arts
July 12 - Fairfax, VA - Patriot Center
July 13 - Philadelphia, PA - Festival Pier at Penn's Landing
July 14 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Spa & Resort Event Center
July 16 - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL - UICPavilion
July 18 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater
July 21 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
July 22 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum
July 23 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
July 29 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
July 30 - George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheater
Special guests:
* COHEED AND CAMBRIA: all shows July 2-10 (Toronto, London, Ottawa, Uncasville, Newark, Wantagh, Mansfield)
* THE MARS VOLTA: all shows July 12-23 (Fairfax, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, the official city of the chicago cubs, Morrison, San Francisco, Inglewood, Las Vegas)
* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MEAT PUPPETS: July 29 (Vancouver)
* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MASTODON, MEAT PUPPETS: July 30 (George, WA)
SOUNDGARDEN's first-ever official concert album, titled "Live On I5", sold 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 47 on The Billboard 200 chart. The set is compiled of live tracks from a 1996 West Coast tour by the band and is named after the Interstate 5. SOUNDGARDEN had intended to release the tapes of these shows as its first live album shortly after the tour, but the group ended up disbanding and the tapes were left in the studio, untouched for years.
SOUNDGARDEN released a CD/DVD retrospective set last September called "Telephantasm", featuring singles, album cuts, live material and the previously unavailable "Black Rain", which has been nominated for a Grammy Award.
Since the band's final show in Hawaii in 1997, SOUNDGARDEN fans have hoped that Matt Cameron, Chris Cornell, Ben Shepherd, and Kim Thayil would once again take their exalted rock show on the road. This summer, SOUNDGARDEN will do just that.
The band has recently confirmed that they are in the studio in Seattle, and are writing and recording what will be the first new SOUNDGARDEN album in over 15 years. In the meantime, they will take a break to play a city near you. Today, four shows from their summer tour are announced, with more to come in the coming weeks.
The pre-sale for the SOUNDGARDEN fan club begins on April 18 and the tickets for Toronto, Philadelphia and Los Angeles will go on sale to the public on April 23. Denver will go on sale to the public on April 24.
The dates are as follows:
July 02 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheater
July 03 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
July 05 - Ottawa, ON - Ottawa Blues Fest
July 06 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
July 08 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
July 09 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre
July 10 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center for the Performing Arts
July 12 - Fairfax, VA - Patriot Center
July 13 - Philadelphia, PA - Festival Pier at Penn's Landing
July 14 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Spa & Resort Event Center
July 16 - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL - UICPavilion
July 18 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater
July 21 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
July 22 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum
July 23 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
July 29 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
July 30 - George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheater
Special guests:
* COHEED AND CAMBRIA: all shows July 2-10 (Toronto, London, Ottawa, Uncasville, Newark, Wantagh, Mansfield)
* THE MARS VOLTA: all shows July 12-23 (Fairfax, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, the official city of the chicago cubs, Morrison, San Francisco, Inglewood, Las Vegas)
* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MEAT PUPPETS: July 29 (Vancouver)
* QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MASTODON, MEAT PUPPETS: July 30 (George, WA)
SOUNDGARDEN's first-ever official concert album, titled "Live On I5", sold 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 47 on The Billboard 200 chart. The set is compiled of live tracks from a 1996 West Coast tour by the band and is named after the Interstate 5. SOUNDGARDEN had intended to release the tapes of these shows as its first live album shortly after the tour, but the group ended up disbanding and the tapes were left in the studio, untouched for years.
SOUNDGARDEN released a CD/DVD retrospective set last September called "Telephantasm", featuring singles, album cuts, live material and the previously unavailable "Black Rain", which has been nominated for a Grammy Award.
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I really really really really really really really wanna say I'm there. But I can only imagine those fucking ticket prices.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="Nick"]I really really really really really really really wanna say I'm there. But I can only imagine those fucking ticket prices.[/quote]
If they end up disgustingly expensive, I'm going to be very disappointed in Soundgarden.
If they end up disgustingly expensive, I'm going to be very disappointed in Soundgarden.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
dusto has it. would love to get a chance to finally see them, but it's going to be crazy expensive and i'm pretty sure chris cornell's voice sucks now, so like, what's the point, man
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I would love to go but philly is too far of a drive and yeah they will rape with the ticket prices
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Ticketmaster only has the Colorado show on there. Price range is $65-70
.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
If they're going to charge 60-70 for tickets, I'm going to just download their album rather than buy it. 
Eddie Vedder should slap them across their faces :doubleoldticketmaster:
Eddie Vedder should slap them across their faces :doubleoldticketmaster:
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I thought grunge died. Chris Cornell -->
<-- Me
Go back to Audioslave. At least Tom Morello was in that band.
Go back to Audioslave. At least Tom Morello was in that band.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="Dusto"]just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden[/quote]
That's correct, sir.
That's correct, sir.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="Dusto"]i just wanted to make sure i had my ducks in a row there[/quote]
Do you not approve?
Do you not approve?
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="themicrulah"]
[quote name="Dusto"]just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden[/quote]
That's correct, sir.[/quote]

[quote name="Dusto"]just so i understand, what you're saying is you prefer audioslave to soundgarden[/quote]
That's correct, sir.[/quote]

;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Well, this is going good for me so far. I seem to have been received well here.
The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.
The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Is just a fact that Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audioslave in any respect whatsoever.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="pulsar"]Is just a fact that Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audioslave in any respect whatsoever.[/quote]
It's just a fact that I'm going to sell you in a pet store to a lonely old Chinese man that lives in an igloo made out of garbage.
It's just a fact that I'm going to sell you in a pet store to a lonely old Chinese man that lives in an igloo made out of garbage.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Tom Morello's Audioslave riffs were the shittiest he's ever written and Cornell's post-Soundgarden vocals are a joke.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I think someone is a little angry. I think this someone might also be a little bit mad, a little bit aggravated, a little bit agitated, un poco loca, un peu fou, ein bisschen verrückt, un po 'matto, lite galen, 少し怒って, et cetera.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I think someone's a little :loco:
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Cat Hallucination can be an anagram for Hint At Lacuna Coil 
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Gay Rape Party can also be an anagram for Try a Gay Pear, P.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="pulsar"]Cat Hallucination[/quote]
oh dear god no
oh dear god no
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="themicrulah"]Well, this is going good for me so far. I seem to have been received well here.
The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.[/quote]
I don't even think Ryan likes audioslave. So there's that.
The creatures inhabiting this place are a spiteful breed, prone to intense disapproval of anti-Soundgarden sentiments. It would be safe to dub this place "Soundgardenia" for it seems that this band is central to the life of the creatures living here. I shall call them "Soundgardenians" and I will cross breed them to the point of extinction, because they don't like me.[/quote]
I don't even think Ryan likes audioslave. So there's that.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
You guys suck. Everyone sucks. My feelings are hurt and I don't like it.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
cool story bro
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
meh, what you're doing has been done before you know
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Rhino nose
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
ok this must be cat hallucination
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="themicrulah"]I'm not even trolling. I'm just being a dick.[/quote]
same thing
same thing
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
I know. It's depressing. Can I get a hug around here?
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
Holy fuck if any new member was a CH candidate...
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
did the cat hallucinate, or was the cat itself merely a hallucination
SO DEEP. WHOAAAAAAAAA
SO DEEP. WHOAAAAAAAAA
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
Re: SOUNDGARDEN: Tour Dates Announced
[quote name="pulsar"]Holy fuck if any new member was a CH candidate...[/quote]




