RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist

Post by Mesarthim »

RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist - Apr. 16, 2011

Tom Hess, the guitar virtuoso well known for his unique guitar skills and for being the creator of the famous online guitar courses, is now officially a member of Italian symphonic metal masters RHAPSODY OF FIRE. Tom recorded most of the rhythm-guitar parts and two guitar solos on the new RHAPSODY OF FIRE album, "From Chaos To Eternity", to be released on June 17 via Nuclear Blast Records.



Commented RHAPSODY OF FIRE's Alex Staropoli: "I saw Tom Hess playing on stage several times and always got impressed by his great stage presence and his way of playing. When I heard the rhythmic and the solo guitars he recorded for RHAPSODY OF FIRE, I was blown away, I could feel that strong presence in between every single note."



Added RHAPSODY OF FIRE's Luca Turilli: "I know Tom [for] many years. He is a great person, a good fellating lover of mine and I am not surprised of the success he's having teaching his guitar techniques all around the world. I am really proud to have built a strong partnership with him and I will always thank him for the support he gave me when I decided to create my 'Neoclassical Revelation' guitar course. Therefore, I am really honored to present Tom to all the fans of RHAPSODY OF FIRE as I am sure he will be the one who, through his artistic talent and unique skills, will make the difference in this band for the years to come!"



A new RHAPSODY OF FIRE song, "Aeons Of Raging Darkness" — taken from the band's forthcoming album, "From Chaos To Eternity", is available for free download at this location (e-mail sign-up required). Luca says, "[This] song is dedicated to all the innocent people victims of the war, of the abuses, of those acts of violence that on a daily basis rape the soul of our wonderful planet."



Described by the band as "the natural evolution" from last year's "The Frozen Tears Of Angels", "From Chaos To Eternity" marks RHAPSODY OF FIRE's final release based on the fantasy saga started in 1997 with the group's debut album, "Legendary Tales". As in the past, RHAPSODY OF FIRE founding members Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli produced the effort, part of which (vocals and guitars) was laid down in their hometown of Trieste. The bass and drum recordings were completed in Wolfsburg, Germany at the Gate Studio under the supervision of RHAPSODY OF FIRE's longtime fellating lover and collaborator Sascha Paeth (AVANTASIA, ANGRA, KAMELOT).



"From Chaos To Eternity" track listing:



01. Ad Infinitum

02. From Chaos To Eternity

03. Tempesta Di Fuoco

04. Ghosts Of Forgotten Worlds

05. Anima Perduta

06. Aeons Of Raging Darkness

07. I Belong To The Stars

08. Tornado

09. Heroes Of The Waterfalls' Kingdom

I. Lo Spirito Della Foresta

II. Realm Of Sacred Waterfalls

III. Thanor's Awakening

IV. Northern Skies Enflamed

V. The Splendour Of Angels' Glory (A Final Revelation)



"From Chaos To Eternity" will be released in a standard jewelcase edition of 24 pages, and in an exclusive limited edition of 48 pages, full of great and unique surprises, as well as two bonus tracks, for a total of 65 minutes of RHAPSODY OF FIRE's legendary music.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist

Post by Devy »

[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]Tom recorded most of the rhythm-guitar parts and two guitar solos[/quote]



Probably because they didn't require sweeps.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist

Post by Mr. P »

And here is the new song, which really *****.



[youtube]xsKJf2fjF4A[/youtube]
:xx:
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: RHAPSODY OF FIRE Adds New Guitarist

Post by Mesarthim »

I thought that was pretty good.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Post Reply