SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by Mesarthim »

SKINLESS Laid To Rest - Apr. 18, 2011



Guitarist Noah Carpenter of the New York-based death metallers SKINLESS has issued the following update:



"We know that many of our fans are restless and wondering what is happening with SKINLESS, and for the last few years we haven't even known either.



"I'm not going to go into a deep, detailed description of what has transpired since the 'Trample' album, but we were plagued with lineup issues once again. The frustration of one step forward and two steps back forced me to just put the band on hiatus and try to recharge the batteries for a while.



"In June 2010 we reunited the old lineup (from the first two CDs) for a show in New York, and I had anticipated that we'd end up writing a new album in that formation. When the time came for serious discussions about moving forward with the album, a couple of the guys told me they didn't have the 'fire' and/or time to dedicate to the project. For several months afterwards I continued to work on new material and jammed with potential new band members. But, much like the other guys, I concluded that I didn't have the 'fire' either, and my inspiration was more directed towards my other band ARMOR COLUMN.



"This certainly isn't an easy thing for me to do, as I have dedicated my entire adult life thus far to SKINLESS.



"We all have shifting priorities throughout life, and we feel that SKINLESS has run its course. To continue at this point would be forced and uninspired.



"SKINLESS has always been about energy and intensity, and doing anything half-heartedly wouldn't be true to what the band stands for.



"Members of SKINLESS will continue on in the music world. Joe plays in the killer band STREETSWEEPER and Sherwood works as a production manager in Colorado. Bob Beaulac has a new band ready to destroy Albany, New York very soon. I hope that many of you will check out my other band ARMOR COLUMN. It's not fruital death but those into thrash and heavy power metal can rock out. Some say it's a mixture of HELSTAR and EXODUS. Brand new album, 'Maximum Collateral Damage', has just been released.



"SKINLESS would like to thank everyone who has ever helped us in any way, from the initial fans in New York that helped springboard us to international recognition, to all the fans around the world, and of course the labels, promoters, booking agents, zines, bands etc. We've had the great honor to share the stage with many metal greats, to see much of the world, and have made tons of friends along the way.



"THANK YOU ALL!!!"



SKINLESS' latest album, "Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead", was released in June 2006 via Relapse Records. The CD was the band's first to feature new vocalist Jason Keyser. The follow-up to 2002's "From Sacrifice to Survival" was recorded with longtime engineer Brett Portzer at his Max Trax Studios and was mastered by Scott Hull at Visceral Sound.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by ^_____________^ »

This sucks. Trample was a cool record, one of the only fruital death metal bands I could get into.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by Abzu »

Trample was the least of their albums.



As someone who's shared a stage with them, I can truly say that it is sad to see them go; but, between the long stretch of time after Trample and Jason leaving for Origin, I'm not at all surprised. I suspected this was going to happen.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I don't even remember trample being released
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by droidspawn »

I enjoyed all their stuff sans from sacrifice to survival



sad day
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Nick"]I don't even remember trample being released[/quote]



i remember it from necro posting it :old:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Dusto"]
[quote name="Nick"]I don't even remember trample being released[/quote]



i remember it from necro posting it :old:[/quote]





same here actually. it was an okay album nothing great with the new vocalist. the sherwood albums are classics though.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: SKINLESS Laid To Rest

Post by Abzu »

That was the tour I opened for them on :) in a strip club :tit:



They were a lot of fuckin' fun.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Post Reply