Sounds of a Playground Fading

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by ^_____________^ »

Anybody give a shit? In Flames are my favorite band up til about Clayman, and with Jesper gone now I have little hope for this record being at least a little bit good.



Image



The cover art for this record is less lame than the last one, and the title is too imo.



1. "Sounds of a Playground Fading"

2. "Deliver Us"

3. "All for Me"

4. "The Puzzle"

5. "Fear Is the Weakness"

6. "Where the Dead Ships Dwell"

7. "The Attic"

8. "Darker Times"

9. "Ropes"

10. "Enter Tragedy"

11. "Jester's Door"

12. "A New Dawn"

13. "Liberation"



They haven't used the word Jester in a song title in years, which is cool.



[youtube]UnQ33QVKpHs[/youtube]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Abzu »

I've never liked In Flames whatsoever.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="pulsar"]I've never liked In Flames whatsoever.[/quote]
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by vega »

[quote name="Dusto"]
[quote name="pulsar"]I've never liked In Flames whatsoever.[/quote][/quote]
Image
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by rhino »

I havent cared about a new in flames album in quite some time, but yes i still love old in flames (up to and including clayman) although they are not listened to much these days
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="rhino"]I havent cared about a new in flames album in quite some time, but yes i still love old in flames (up to and including clayman) although they are not listened to much these days[/quote]



same although I haven't listened to them in close to a decade.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by ^_____________^ »

I feel so young here.



[youtube]RrbQdlqvjEE[/youtube]



Best music video ever, don't care if it's fan made or not.
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="rhino"]I havent cared about a new in flames album in quite some time, but yes i still love old in flames (up to and including clayman) although they are not listened to much these days[/quote]
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="rhino"]I havent cared about a new in flames album in quite some time, but yes i still love old in flames (up to and including clayman) although they are not listened to much these days[/quote][/quote]
:xx:
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by vO)))id »

Great artwork.

Awesome studio.

Incredibly boring band.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Void"]Great artwork.

Awesome studio.

Incredibly boring band.[/quote]



Have you seen how boring they are in person? It explains a lot.
Image
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by ^_____________^ »

They used to be a lot cooler, on the earlier albums it was all Lovecraftian shit about how th ehuman race is pointless (The Jester Race) now they're just a bunch of emos with babies.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Anjel »

The Jester Race is fucking awesome.



I'll probably download the new one just to check it out.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Hugo. »

Just found out, these guys are ahead of MA on the hellfest bill :oldryan:
Image
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="winburger"]Just found out, these guys are ahead of MA on the hellfest bill :oldryan:[/quote]



Wha? :mmno:
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Post by Haunty »

Wow. Fuck that.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Post Reply