AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by shadowalk »

AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available



Former DEICIDE members Eric Hoffmann (guitar) and Brian Hoffman (guitar) recently resurrected their pre-DEICIDE band AMON with Jesse "Jecheal" Jolly (PROMETHEAN HORDE, DIABOLIC, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY, AFTER DEATH) on vocals/bass and and Mike Petrak (LEPROSY, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY) on drums. The Florida-based quartet entered RedRoom Recorders in Tampa on December 10, 2010 with producer Mark Prator to record its new album, entitled "Liar In Wait". The Hoffman brothers began recording guitar tracks for the CD on April 30. Eric tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "Mark is doing an excellent job! We are using ENGL amps for this recording and they sound fruital." The CD will consist of nine songs and will be made available later in the year via AMON's own record label.



Check out new photos from the studio below.



"We were actually going to use the [DEICIDE] name [for the new band], but [DEICIDE members Glen Benton and Steve Asheim] got on the bandwagon faster than us," Eric told Terrorizer magazine. "They basically took the name, and Glen writes all the lyrics, so the kids are familiar with that, but in the beginning we hired Glen, and we wrote most of the music. So we had to go out and find a singer, which was pretty difficult at the time."



When asked about the musical direction of AMON, Eric said, "[The music's] a little bit more technical than the DEICIDE stuff. It's not too intricate, so it's still catchy at the same time. You'll still have a couple of classic DEICIDE beginnings, and then it'll go into some killer technical, in-your-face shit."



While confirming that AMON will play several DEICIDE classics during the band's upcoming live shows — "We've gotta give it to the fans," says Eric — the guitarist remains adamant that any chances of a reunion with Glen and Steve remain slim.



"This is our band," Eric said. "I haven't seen [Glen] in six years. He says if he sees me, he's gonna shoot me and ask questions later. He hates me more than Jesus."



AMON recorded two demos — 1987's "Feasting The Beast" and 1989's "Sacrifical" — before signing with Roadrunner Records and changing its name to DEICIDE. After producing two extremely successful albums as DEICIDE, the band chose to make the AMON demos available on CD in 1993 under the title "Amon: Feasting The Beast".



The Hoffman brothers parted ways with DEICIDE in 2004 after becoming embroiled in a bitter dispute with DEICIDE bassist/vocalist Glen Benton over royalties and publishing issues.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Yeah! Bring back them pointy kintars! :greenie:
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Verbal »

:oldryan:
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Mr. P »

I think those guitar that Brian and Eric are holding are recently designed by Eric (or which one from them. And they do look ugly.



Let's wait what they will record.
:xx:
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Anjel »

Brian got long hair again. :bang:

I am wondering how this will sound.



Yeah, Brian builds guitars. It was said on the making of Scars of the crucifix (also featured on When London burns).
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

holy fuck those guys are ugly
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by vega »

[quote name="shadowalk"]



"This is our band," Eric said. "I haven't seen [Glen] in six years. He says if he sees me, he's gonna shoot me and ask questions later. He hates me more than Jesus."

[/quote]





:thingy:
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

Image



SANDALS



none more metal :ra:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by vega »

i also wear sandals and also the chappals :santa:
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

well then you sir need to submit your resume to this band and insist that they hire you
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="carpet_salesman"]i also wear sandals[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

i will direct you to my previous response
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Haunty »

That hard-on bearer looks like me.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure!
User avatar
Those Insane Gods
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 16:48

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Those Insane Gods »

[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.
http://wheretheslimelives.blogspot.com/ - blog dedicated to the angel of morbidity
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Verbal »

why you would listen beyond legion is beyond me
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by vO)))id »

Yep those guitars are one of the ugliest abominations I have ever seen... :puke:



Funny thing though, Brian has long hair again and Eric got a shave :redneck:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

the guitar in the middle is actually uglier than the hoffman brothers themselves, which is truly spectacular
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="Verbal"]why you would listen beyond legion is beyond me[/quote]



Image
User avatar
Those Insane Gods
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 16:48

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Those Insane Gods »

[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*[/quote]



I actually prefer Scars to Serpents. I always found Serpents to be ultra boring. But the only Deicide albums I still listen to on the regular are the debut and Legion. Once Upon The Cross is pretty good as well. But I rarely put it on.
http://wheretheslimelives.blogspot.com/ - blog dedicated to the angel of morbidity
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

Knowing Jesse's vocal style, I see this being pretty good. I'm gonna ask Jesse or at least his wife if I can hear the album for free. :redneck:
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Haunty »

Awwww, they only just started? :eyes:
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="WhereTheSlimeLives"]
[quote name="Maze"]I don't want to have too high expectations but I think (quite optimistic) that this will rip the SHIT out of anything that Deicice have done lately. I will get this for sure![/quote]



I second this. The last good Deicide record was Scars.[/quote]



Serpents*[/quote]



I actually prefer Scars to Serpents. I always found Serpents to be ultra boring. But the only Deicide albums I still listen to on the regular are the debut and Legion.[/quote]

+1
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="Verbal"]:oldryan:[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

yup
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="Dusto"]ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos[/quote]



No more roids
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by Verbal »

Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="Dusto"]ok i know i'm not a deicide fan but i can't be the only one whose mind is being blown by the overall ugliness on display in those photos[/quote]



No more roids[/quote]



cause they were so pretty during the gloryhole era
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: AMON: New Photos From The Studio Available

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="Verbal"]Image[/quote]

:shake:
Post Reply