Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
DEATH's Legendary 'Human' Album To Be Reissued; Previously Unseen Studio Footage Available - May 6, 2011
DEATH's legendary fourth album, "Human", will mark its 20th anniversary with an official reissue on June 21 in North America (June 27 internationally) via Relapse Records. The LP was entirely remixed by longtime DEATH producer Jim Morris and remastered by Alan Douches (MASTODON, CONVERGE, MISFITS). This special 20th-anniversary edition of the album will come complete with expanded packaging featuring liner notes from Morris as well as former DEATH/current CYNIC guitarist Paul Masvidal and over an hour of newly unearthed, previously unreleased early demo tracks.
"Human" will be available on two- and three-disc sets as well as digitally.
Commented Morris (pictured below): "[This was] an awesome experience for me." He added, "We were contacted by Chuck Schuldiner's intellectual property lawyer, Eric Greif, the former manager of DEATH."
Added Eric Greif: "The former DEATH guys Paul Masvidal (guitar), Sean Reinert (drums) and Steve DiGiorgio (bass) are all 'ecstatic' about the prospect of a heavier mix, where all the instruments can be heard and modern technology utilized. Jim said he took into account everything he and Chuck agreed upon during the making of 'Symbolic' (1995) and 'The Sound Of Perseverance' (1998) as his guide for what he believed Chuck would want from such a remix. I myself am thrilled."
CD pre-orders are being accepted now at this location (digitally via iTunes). <!-- m -->http://shop.relapse.com/store/product.a ... ctID=44078<!-- m -->
"Human" is the best-selling DEATH album of the SoundScan era, having shifted around 95,000 copies in the United States since its October 1991 release.
Previously unreleased footage of DEATH during the original May 1991 "Human" mixing sessions at Morrisound studios in Tampa, Florida can be viewed in three parts below.
[youtube]N8v0ihd9nzs[/youtube]
[youtube]SJQh8y95gao[/youtube]
[youtube]PF3uDu-mkGs[/youtube]
I already pre-ordered my 3cd copy
DEATH's legendary fourth album, "Human", will mark its 20th anniversary with an official reissue on June 21 in North America (June 27 internationally) via Relapse Records. The LP was entirely remixed by longtime DEATH producer Jim Morris and remastered by Alan Douches (MASTODON, CONVERGE, MISFITS). This special 20th-anniversary edition of the album will come complete with expanded packaging featuring liner notes from Morris as well as former DEATH/current CYNIC guitarist Paul Masvidal and over an hour of newly unearthed, previously unreleased early demo tracks.
"Human" will be available on two- and three-disc sets as well as digitally.
Commented Morris (pictured below): "[This was] an awesome experience for me." He added, "We were contacted by Chuck Schuldiner's intellectual property lawyer, Eric Greif, the former manager of DEATH."
Added Eric Greif: "The former DEATH guys Paul Masvidal (guitar), Sean Reinert (drums) and Steve DiGiorgio (bass) are all 'ecstatic' about the prospect of a heavier mix, where all the instruments can be heard and modern technology utilized. Jim said he took into account everything he and Chuck agreed upon during the making of 'Symbolic' (1995) and 'The Sound Of Perseverance' (1998) as his guide for what he believed Chuck would want from such a remix. I myself am thrilled."
CD pre-orders are being accepted now at this location (digitally via iTunes). <!-- m -->http://shop.relapse.com/store/product.a ... ctID=44078<!-- m -->
"Human" is the best-selling DEATH album of the SoundScan era, having shifted around 95,000 copies in the United States since its October 1991 release.
Previously unreleased footage of DEATH during the original May 1991 "Human" mixing sessions at Morrisound studios in Tampa, Florida can be viewed in three parts below.
[youtube]N8v0ihd9nzs[/youtube]
[youtube]SJQh8y95gao[/youtube]
[youtube]PF3uDu-mkGs[/youtube]
I already pre-ordered my 3cd copy
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
this might get ordered depending on the price
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I hope they turn up DiGiorgio on this.
And I want Scream Bloody Gore remaster!
And I want Scream Bloody Gore remaster!
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
deaths best album 
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album
[/quote]
and the only one in my collection
and the only one in my collection
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album
[/quote]
But this thread is about human
But this thread is about human
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
oh i see what you did there
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album
[/quote]
and the only one in my collection[/quote]
Go get Scream Bloody Gore and Lepropsy right now

[quote name="Verbal"]deaths best album
and the only one in my collection[/quote]
Go get Scream Bloody Gore and Lepropsy right now
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
very interesting footage!
I'm not really a Death fan but this is
I'm not really a Death fan but this is
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Void"]very interesting footage!
I'm not really a Death fan but this is
[/quote]
AND you dont like carcass?

I'm not really a Death fan but this is
AND you dont like carcass?
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I don't like them, I can't stand them! I'd prefer Death over Carcass any time. 
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Void"]I don't like them, I can't stand them! I'd prefer Death over Carcass any time.
[/quote]
What can possibly be wrong with Carcass?
What can possibly be wrong with Carcass?
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I don't like their music but what bothers me the most, are the vocals. They totally throw shit on the fire.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I think Carcass are godz and their vocals are great: especially when Jeff and Bill do the vocal combo, it sounds totally sick (which I love). No wonder their style is imitated a lot.
Symphonies of sickness and Necroticism are milestone classics and shaped a lot for the grindcore music style while Heartwork seemed to have paved the way for melodic death metal so no question about the high and influential quality of their music.
Anyway, Death was great too of course.
Symphonies of sickness and Necroticism are milestone classics and shaped a lot for the grindcore music style while Heartwork seemed to have paved the way for melodic death metal so no question about the high and influential quality of their music.
Anyway, Death was great too of course.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Void"]very interesting footage!
I'm not really a Death fan but this is
[/quote]
I'm not really a Death fan but this is
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
this is on the related links
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube]
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube]
- xpocalypse
- Member
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 03:44
- Location: Poland
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
i can't understand how can anybody, who is into fruital music not like Death or Carcass
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/TorturePainKill
"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."
"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="FUKKET"]this is on the related links
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]
I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]
I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I do like Death, they have very good songs, but I'm just not a big fan, that is all.
Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.
Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="Void"]I do like Death, they have very good songs, but I'm just not a big fan, that is all.
Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.[/quote]
Sure it's always a matter of taste, but being a fan of top-notch guitar work Death is right there.
The animosity towards Carcass I totally can't comprehend: maybe you don't like the 'barking' grunt of Jeff, but Bill's grunt ranks among the best there is/was. doing those 2 together was something unheard of before; totally sick sounding with fantastic original sick lyrics. Great riffing and drumbeats also, lots of groove..man the more I think about this band the higher my opinion about them gets
I wish nowadays bands were as original and boundary-breaking as they were.
Carcass is something I absolutely dislike. But that's simply my taste.[/quote]
Sure it's always a matter of taste, but being a fan of top-notch guitar work Death is right there.
The animosity towards Carcass I totally can't comprehend: maybe you don't like the 'barking' grunt of Jeff, but Bill's grunt ranks among the best there is/was. doing those 2 together was something unheard of before; totally sick sounding with fantastic original sick lyrics. Great riffing and drumbeats also, lots of groove..man the more I think about this band the higher my opinion about them gets
I wish nowadays bands were as original and boundary-breaking as they were.
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
I must say that i am not that fond of Death either. I like the first two a lot, though after that i lost interest. Sure the guitar work is good. Esp. the stuff Andy laRoque did with them. But I'd rather listen to Chuck his main influence (Watchtower) than Death itself. I alway found there was something in his guitar-tone which totally turned me off of them.
I do like Carcass however, Necrotism and Heartwork are cool. I prefer Jeff his voice however.
I do like Carcass however, Necrotism and Heartwork are cool. I prefer Jeff his voice however.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
What do you then mean exactly with 'guitar tone'? Every album sounds different both in style and production/sound, although always unmistakely Death.

For instance I love the sound on Human and I can't imagine how they can improve the sound
For instance I love the sound on Human and I can't imagine how they can improve the sound
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Mike Browning meeting Chuck Schuldiner (Human reissue)
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]this is on the related links
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]
I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.[/quote]
I think so too: meanwhile he's put up some more like for example this:
[youtube]sl2ZX0TfxLs[/youtube]
[quote name="FUKKET"]this is on the related links
[youtube]IKzfMiQaJws[/youtube][/quote]
I believe this is Borivoj Krgin's channel. I'm pretty sure its him who took all the footage. There's some cool Cynic footage as well.[/quote]
I think so too: meanwhile he's put up some more like for example this:
[youtube]sl2ZX0TfxLs[/youtube]