the mighty nimbus

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

[youtube]KUvIG7RTE-I[/youtube]

[youtube]PRZKoGMBwyY[/youtube]



god damn right :bang:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by rhino »

great band. i hope they do another full length someday. same with sixty watt shaman, the drummers other band





[youtube]HUt2OkmlbGU[/youtube]





:xx:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

eye know of sixty watt. I haven't listened to a full album though. Perhaps I'll download it and put it in my 2025 folder :idea:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I dig me some both bands :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by rhino »

fucking download reason to live and listen NOW :santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

:santa:
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by Mesarthim »

I dismember these guys. long time since i gave them a listen.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

Do it! even tardcat likes the mighty nimbus.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Junkyard God"]eye know of sixty watt. I haven't listened to a full album though. Perhaps I'll download it and put it in my 2025 folder :idea:[/quote]



that is a distant folder o_0
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

that's probably when the new tool will be released :frown:





do you prefer aenima or lateralus dusty?
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by agony bagony »

hmm. not so long ago it would have been lateralus by miles. i think currently it is lateralus by a couple of nose hairs because it is a more cohesive actual album. aenima has (arguably) better songs on it but it's too much start. stop. start. stop. start. &c. lateralus really flows from track to track and the "filler" tracks feel more like a part of a symphony whereas on aenema it's just the above problem. too many pieces and not enough puzzle



pushit is :xx::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: x million though. and a couple others are not too far behind it
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

I concur. I love aenima but the flow is too jagged and those intermittent pieces are frustrating.



Lateralus on the other hand, is probably my favorite album, period. I've been pondering this for years, and can't think of anything else that still makes me feel as giddy as lateralus when I listen to it :gay:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by agony bagony »

i had that period too :idea: dont hit nearly the same peaks now as in the days of yore; it's more like an intellectual appreciation. as in, "that is a fucking great riff" more than "this riff will move me now." but it is without question my favorite tool. there is a wonderful thickness to it.



feel free to add your own dick joke to that last part there :santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the mighty nimbus

Post by droidspawn »

[youtube]ghziKDBAHNA[/youtube]



pause!
Post Reply