[quote name="Verbal"]
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]I've heard speculation that the new Morbid Angel album is going to be the next The Unspoken King [/quote]
sad to see eric leave the band after so long and so much bass ownage, but hopefully with jon back and youri still writing, they can put out something worthy of the cryptopsy name
If he's on the next album and if Youri is the saviour people portray him to be, I can still only see the next Cryptopsy album being something akin to "...And Then You'll Beg" which is fairly mediocore Whisper Supremacy, though...
I think the vocals really suited Whisper Supremacy. I admit it's my 2nd favourite Cryptopsy album. I just don't understand why ATYB sucks. It's basically the same format as WS, but... shitty?
He said health reasons, but I read other interviews where he said he didn't like the direction Flo was taking the band. Lord Worm himself said he wanted to make NSV pt 2, sick vocals and twisted lyrics and all , but Flo wanted clean singing and breakdowns and when Lord Worm was asked to do that he said no and left.
CRYPTOPSY Rejoined By Guitarist JON LEVASSEUR - May 25, 2011
Lead guitarist and songwriter Jon Levasseur has rejoined Canadian extreme metallers CRYPTOPSY. Youri Raymond, who had been playing guitar, is now handling bass duties following Levassour's return and previous bassist Eric Langois' departure from the band.
Commented the band: "We have some important informative news we would like to announce. Jon Levasseur, former lead guitarist and major creative contributing force behind 'None So Vile', 'Whisper Supremacy', 'And Then You'll Beg...' has returned to the band. The combination of Jon and Chris Donaldson has revived the power and energy of the infamous CRYPTOPSY string section, without losing the backup vocal and creative talent of Youri Raymond who is now playing the six string bass for the rhythm section. Eric Langlois has, for now, decided to step back and take a break from the CRYPTOPSY family. The reborn and fully motivated chemistry of Matt, Chris, Youri, Jon and Flo is determined to make an impact in 2011 and beyond. New material is in the works (with the [current] lineup) and will be available to all with your support in late 2011. Meanwhile, three new songs have been completed and will soon be featured on a final Century Media release. This meaning, the future is ours and yours and promises to be true CRYPTOPSY."
A photo of Levassour performing live with CRYPTOPSY on May 12, 2011 can be seen at MetalUniverse.net.
"The Unspoken King", CRYPTOPSY's sixth full-length and first to feature new vocalist Matt McGachy, was released June 24, 2008 to a wide array of reactions. Flo Mounier explained his intention in reshaping the dynamics of the band to Decibel magazine: "I'm a fan of different sorts of music, and I think it's most fun when a band puts out an album that has elements of everything; you get this thing called diversity, not boredom. That's what we're trying to do. Still, I think people are going to be surprised how fruital this album is."