[youtube]-IJi7aQaySU[/youtube]
I haven't heard the new vocalist yet, but Phil's vocals are great for their older stuff.
Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo
I have an audience bootleg of this show, it was actually at one of the casinos in ac (~15 mins from me). Pretty sure they did two takes of everything phil sang on cos he was suckin ass the first takes
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo
i think this was a weak performance from phil, but this was in 2006 (i think?), and he hasnt really sang in a few years since dimes death. this was his first time on stage since then i believe too. he has since became a way better vocalist and sings alot better these days
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo
I believe that. He almost sounds like he's singing with a mouth full of peanut butter in the op video. But his voice does a lot of what it ought to for an awesome cover, at least in the example I provided.
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo
[quote name="rhino"]i think this was a weak performance from phil, but this was in 2006 (i think?), and he hasnt really sang in a few years since dimes death. this was his first time on stage since then i believe too. he has since became a way better vocalist and sings alot better these days[/quote]
yeah, march of 06. it was at the tropicana iirc, I didn't get tickets in time for it.
yeah, march of 06. it was at the tropicana iirc, I didn't get tickets in time for it.