nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by rhino »

the two most rockin songs on formulas..





[youtube]Uj0--G7LSNU[/youtube]



:bang:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by ^_____________^ »

Invocation.

:bang:

I'm listening to it right now, as a matter of fact. :idea:
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by shadowalk »

Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Mesarthim »

invocation of the continual one by a fucking mile.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by rhino »

[quote name="shadowalk"]Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.[/quote]





i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.[/quote]





i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe[/quote]

Until I read this post, the question was hurting my brain severely.



Invocation by a long shot. Nothing Is Not has kind of a rock groove, but Invocation really just rocks out above all else.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by zim »

Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Hugo. »

Before i joined the MABB, I thought i was being alternative by like Invocation of the Continual one :redneck:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.[/quote]

[quote name="rhino"]i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="zim"]Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.[/quote]



This.
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by vega »

invocation :santa:
Image
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by RitesOfPossession »

:bang: Nothing Is Not :bang:
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Uni777 »

I think NiN is more sludgy than Rocky. So in that respect Invocation.



Off topic, i do agree with Zim. I'm not that fond of IotCO.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.[/quote]



Yes it's crazy! First time I heard it I was like "Ambient? Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion? :huh:" but then after a while "Ambient :xx: Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion :xx:"
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.[/quote]



Yes it's crazy! First time I heard it I was like "Ambient? Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion? :huh:" but then after a while "Ambient :xx: Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion :xx:"[/quote]

:idea:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Post Reply