MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Mesarthim »

MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed - May 23, 2011



Image



Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON are currently in the studio recording the follow-up to their acclaimed concept album "Crack The Skye", one of the most critically lauded records of the past decade. The band is tracking the new CD at Doppler Studios in Atlanta with producer Mike Elizondo. Drum tracks were previously completed in Los Angeles at the legendary Sound City Studios where NIRVANA's masterwork "Nevermind" was recorded. Songtitles set to appear on the album include "Blasteroids" and "All The Heavy Lifting".



In a recent interview with AOL's Noisecreep, MASTODON drummer Brann Dailor stated about the band's new material, "It doesn't seem as proggy. There's moments, but it seems more riff-oriented. It seems a little more stripped down. [2004's] 'Leviathan' was a little more stripped down, and it feels like that to me. Everything always changes once you go in the studio, but at the moment it seems like a really super-heavy LED ZEPPELIN or something. It has a lot of that [John] Bonham-esque groove to it, but really heavy and dark. I really like playing like that, and when it goes into those parts, I'm psyched."



When asked if guitarist and vocalist Brent Hinds is once again responsible for most of the initial songwriting on the new CD, Dailor replied, "I think it's a little more collaborative, with everyone chipping in. Brent has a lot of great stuff. [Guitarist] Bill [Kelliher]'s got a lot of cool riffs, too. There are so many, it's hard to know which ones we're gonna use. But we go in and jam all the time and record stuff. Then we sort it out later."



Immediately following its current recording sessions in Atlanta, MASTODON will head to Europe for a summer-long tour that includes all dates on this year's Sonisphere festival as well as the Rock Im Park, Rock Am Ring, Roskilde festivals and more. The band will also play a one-off show at The Gorge in Seattle on July 30 with SOUNDGARDEN, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, and MEAT PUPPETS.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by jawn galliano »

a press release for two song titles? seriously?
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Verbal »

I would go down on those song titles.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]a press release for two song titles? seriously?[/quote]



Better then a press release to announce they will be revealing two song titles in the near future
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

blasteroids :krinor:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

i am not, like, over the moon about this
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by rhino »

i am, i think its cool to not take things so seriously this time around after crack the skye...





Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON are currently in the studio recording the follow-up to their acclaimed concept album "Crack The Skye", one of the most critically lauded records of the past decade. The band is tracking the new CD at Doppler Studios in Atlanta with producer Mike Elizondo. Drum tracks were previously completed in Los Angeles at the legendary Sound City Studios where NIRVANA's masterwork "Nevermind" was recorded. Songtitles set to appear on the album include "Blasteroids" and "All The Heavy Lifting".



In a brand new interview with SPIN.com, MASTODON guitarist and vocalist Brent Hinds stated about the upcoming album, "It's very close [to be being done]. I have two guitar solos left to record, and one or two vocal parts and a couple of keyboards and that's it."



He added, "'Blood Mountain' and 'Crack the Skye' — those albums took too long to make. This only took us a couple weeks to record and there's a totally different feeling to it. It's a jump-on-your-bed, get naked, and go streaking kind of record. I haven't had this feeling about a MASTODON record since [2004's] 'Leviathan'. It's just fucking awesome.



"We've got a song about fighting, there's a song about lifting heavy stuff, there's a song about people on meth creeping around in trees trying to get the best wood grain out of a tree to sell it at Lowe's for [drug] money... The album is kind of silly. We're taking the piss out of things."
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

this could be wonderful fun. it could also be a disaster
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by rhino »

when is this shit out
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Dusto"]this could be wonderful fun. it could also be a disaster[/quote]



i'm gonna go with disaster. that seems to be in line with all of my anticipated 2011 releases thus far.
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

absolutely can't wait, I really think mastodon is the only band that could pen lyrics about a methhead stealing tree bark for drug money and actually make it work.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

prolly will be out late summer if they actually do finish it before the june tour. which looks likely



actually reading the spin.com story reveals a third title, that being "the sparrow"
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Syysysyd »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Dusto"]this could be wonderful fun. it could also be a disaster[/quote]



i'm gonna go with disaster. that seems to be in line with all of my anticipated 2011 releases thus far.[/quote]



i hate to be a negative nancy but i'm gonna have to agree with you
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

i bet this album will be their black album. not that it will be a huge commercial success but in that it sounds like its going to be a stripped-back and way less serious response to crack the skye, which in turn was their and justice for all in that it has their longest and most out-there song structures and concepts



and really, "blasteroids" cant possibly be anything but a goofy second cousin to "dont tread on me"



:santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]There's moments, but it seems more riff-oriented. It seems a little more stripped down. [2004's] 'Leviathan' was a little more stripped down, and it feels like that to me[/quote]

This sounds good to me :bang:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by rhino »

[youtube]6wy_mXuEsP0[/youtube]



ha
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

Brent seems like he'd be waaaay fun to hang out with.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

until he had that twenty-seventh beer and started punching everything with a face
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by jawn galliano »

even a clock? :shock:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="100k ass-to-ass"]until he had that twenty-seventh beer and started punching everything with a face[/quote]





I would just leave before that.
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Verbal »

or you could hide your face



both are options
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by rhino »

i'll let someone else say it this time
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Shut the fuck up gleeso :gay:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]even a clock? :shock:[/quote]



ESPECIALLY a clock
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

one of these days i will convince my buddy to grow a handlebar mustache and attend a mastodon show
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

New album is called "The Hunter" :santa:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

oh yeah? prove it.
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

i actually did a google search for "mastodon the hunter" and like nine sites came up :redneck:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

well then.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

:interessant:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

I don't care for it myself.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

i don't care for you myself :waa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

:eyes:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Abzu »

:zzz:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=159402<!-- m -->



the sparrow :sicken:

the ruiner :xx:



not out till october though :oldryan: :tear:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

at the earliest :tear:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

oh it will be this year. oh yes it will :grim: :waa: :grimwaa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

whats the deal with the new baroness
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

<!-- m -->http://www.baronessmusic.com/<!-- m -->
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

that tells me nothing. go to savannah and figure this out immediately.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Devy »

our lord and master is a Mastodon fan
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Nick"]that tells me nothing. go to savannah and figure this out immediately.[/quote]



i aint doin that its creepy down there
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by jawn galliano »

savannah is nice as long as you don't venture outside the historic district :idea:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

so by creepy you mean black
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

its the most haunted city in america homie
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Devy »

Haunted by shadowalk's greatest fear :frown:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by agony bagony »

you be nice :shake:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by droidspawn »

haunted you say? I wanna go! I wanna go!
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: MASTODON: First New Songtitles Revealed

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="Devy"]Haunted by shadowalk's greatest fear :frown:[/quote]



:redneck:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Post Reply