Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433 Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:
Post
by ^_____________^ » 02 Jun 2011, 07:18
Alright, we need an official EW thread
Kudos to the greatest doom metal band out there today in all of its Lovecraftian occult horror glory
[youtube]C-n6gpM5pFk[/youtube]
[youtube]YsvVoC19EHI[/youtube]
[youtube]RdW8lt6u4RY[/youtube]
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044 Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Post
by jawn galliano » 02 Jun 2011, 11:37
i enjoy me some EW but i don't think i'd crown them as tops of doom in general.
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433 Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:
Post
by ^_____________^ » 02 Jun 2011, 12:03
Certainly not in general, but as far as contemporary bands today go I think EW is very high up there if not the best. Obviously Black Sabbath can't be beaten in terms of doom.
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107 Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain
Post
by Ninny » 02 Jun 2011, 13:50
[youtube]mRsv_MHtfeU[/youtube]
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919 Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place
Post
by Hallucinating dead » 02 Jun 2011, 21:21
Most of the MABBers are Serious EW fans
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379 Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump
Post
by Methuselah Honeysuckle » 02 Jun 2011, 21:44
[quote name="Derek Waters"]i enjoy me some EW but i don't think i'd crown them as tops of doom in general.[/quote]
[quote name="evil poop"]EW > sabbath[/quote]
both of these things here
vega wrote: But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg.
. She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑ 10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363 Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Post
by agony bagony » 02 Jun 2011, 21:46
i'm going to take a good portion of the credit for getting the 1.0 folk into EW
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379 Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump
Post
by Methuselah Honeysuckle » 02 Jun 2011, 21:48
the electric wizard was the first one to turn me onto them me thinks
vega wrote: But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg.
. She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑ 10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363 Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Post
by agony bagony » 02 Jun 2011, 21:53
thats cause you didnt like me at first
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495 Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland
Post
by Hugo. » 02 Jun 2011, 22:05
The actual band dopethrone are at least two species of awesome.
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575 Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland
Post
by Tea » 02 Jun 2011, 22:12
I love doom metal and all it's variants, but Electric Wizard are always one band I always found to be somewhat mediocre
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521 Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation
Post
by droidspawn » 02 Jun 2011, 22:16
[quote name="Hugo"]The actual band dopethrone are at least two species of awesome.[/quote]
hell yes! I just got dark foil a few days ago. shit rules hard. Was going to make a thread about them but there have already been an adbundance of doom/stoner threads lately.
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495 Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland
Post
by Hugo. » 02 Jun 2011, 22:18
[quote name="jorsh"]
[quote name="Hugo"]The actual band dopethrone are at least two species of awesome.[/quote]
hell yes! I just got dark foil a few days ago. shit rules hard. Was going to make a thread about them but there have already been an adbundance of doom/stoner threads lately.[/quote]
Yeah i was listening to that on soundcloud yesterday. Its fucking awesome.
AINT NO SUNSHINE WHEN SHE'S FUCKING GONE
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433 Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:
Post
by ^_____________^ » 03 Jun 2011, 00:01
[quote name="evil poop"]you must be really stupid then
[/quote]
Bongripper is another great band.
[youtube]PXtfNWlpx8Q[/youtube]