does anybody care about the new opeth?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by rhino »

Image



:oldryan:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by jawn galliano »

nope :santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by droidspawn »

I do. cover art made me do a double take as that's not the usual for them. but the more I looked at it (minus the heads on the tree) the more neat I think it is. Makes me think the new one will be more like damnation which I'm ok with. That is my second favorite opeth so my interest is definitely peaked.
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Tea »

I think that's extremely cool artwork.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by rhino »

its....interesting for sure
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by droidspawn »

emerald city in the background!? on fire no less.
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Tea »

Wait, I didn't notice the band member's head in the tree. That kinda ruins it. In fact I think it kinda sucks now. I CANT UNNOTICE IT.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Meat Engine »

No-peth.
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

cover art is an awesome parody of old prog rock covers



really have high hopes for this, I hope they just ditch the death metal parts and make an all out psyche/prog rock record. I mean, I'll take the metal parts, as long as they fit in right (ie not how watershed was, completely fucking disjointed)
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Absolutely not
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by agony bagony »

not at the moment but at some time in the future i might care about it
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by vO)))id »

i certainly do! i loved watershed, it was a great comeback after ghost reveries.

my fave is still morningrise... that's just such a brilliant album.

this album art is very cool! don't really like the heads in the tree but it's very '70s :xx:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Abzu »

What's his name was nifty in that Ihsahn song that time.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]nope :santa:[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Hugo. »

I loved watershed too. One thing that pisses me off is that they have no problem in the last ten+ years doing a completely light song, but never do a completely heavy song. Kinda gay.



Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="Hugo"]Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?[/quote]



Opeth in general :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah I really hope they're going to try a new direction with this one...

not trying something totally off-Opeth, but perhaps a different approach production wise, maybe some new guitar sounds or overal different sound while still keeping the Opeth vibe. That's something I really want to see them doing this far into their career.
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by ^_____________^ »

This is by far the worst Swedish "death metal" [can't really call it that] band of all time. :judge:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Hugo. »

OH NO ITS NOT...
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I'm sure there are worse but they still rank near the bottom
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Hugo. »

You would know
Image
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by ^_____________^ »

This band really is terrible. They can't decide if they want to sound like Pink Floyd or Dream Theater with a cookie monster for a vocalist.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Mesarthim »

:necro:



I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.

I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.

I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by rhino »

[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]:necro:



I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.

I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.

I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.[/quote]





pretty much the same here. i was into them pretty hard for a few years and own all of their stuff, up to ghost reveries anyway
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Holocaust »

Orchid, Morningrise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I like selective opeth tracks track, which i find very good :fonz:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?

Post by M.Bison »

I thought it was awesome up until I noticed the headfruit, now I can't help laughing at it.



I enjoy My Arms to Damnation, couldn't get into the older stuff, never got on with Ghost Reveries, sounded stale and forced. Haven't heard anything else.
Image
Post Reply