Darkthrone

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="^_____________^"][youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube][/quote]



only ever saw them do this live once, which would've been on the first colony tour, i think that was late '99? they didn't even get to finish playing it because while the show was going on in the upstairs venue, they were having college dance party night in the main downstairs portion. there wasn't enough juice to run both and the power kept cutting out upstairs :homework: after like the second or third time they threatened to walk and mysteriously the problem was solved :huh:



great little tune though, i hadn't thought about it in a loooong time. this forced me to pick up my guitar and miraculously enough i managed to remember most of my way through the song even though i haven't played it in probably 5+ years :gay:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]
[quote name="^_____________^"][youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube][/quote]



only ever saw them do this live once, which would've been on the first colony tour, i think that was late '99? they didn't even get to finish playing it because while the show was going on in the upstairs venue, they were having college dance party night in the main downstairs portion. there wasn't enough juice to run both and the power kept cutting out upstairs :homework: after like the second or third time they threatened to walk and mysteriously the problem was solved :huh:



great little tune though, i hadn't thought about it in a loooong time. this forced me to pick up my guitar and miraculously enough i managed to remember most of my way through the song even though i haven't played it in probably 5+ years :gay:[/quote]

You saw In Flames live on the Colony tour? :eyes:



You saw In Flames live on the Colony tour and they played Stand Ablaze? :tear:



WHEN JESPER WAS STILL IN THE BAND? :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah, but like i said, they got maybe halfway through the song before the power cut out. they just moved on to the next in the set after the power came back on :homework:



it could've been a great show if it hadn't been marred by all the technical fuck-ups caused by the venue.



i did see them probably three other times after that and they never played it again to my recollection. it could be back in rotation but i have no idea, last show i saw them play they were opening for slayer and that was probably like... 2002 maybe? they woulda been touring for GHUA so it's gotta be around there. only thing i remember about the IF set was that they were debuting new material and it was abysmally bad, so '02 would line up pretty well with their total nosedive in quality.
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

It's a bummer, but still, that's awesome. :gay:



I remember I had the chance to see them in 2008 with Children of Bodom and Megadeth, but I didn't have money :tear:



They're touring this summer but I don't know if I'll go. Some of the new material looks promising, but I don't want to watch Trivium and Godsmack just to see In Flames at all. :oldryan:



I probably won't ever see them unless they do a good tour, just like I'm never going to get the chance to see Judas Priest :tear:



[youtube]_V0QtrUatLs[/youtube]
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah judas priest will sadly wind up being on my 'bands i never got to see' list :homework:



but, halford doesn't hit the high notes like he used to and KK's quit, so i feel less bad about it.
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

True.



But still :homework: to see something like Dissident Aggressor played live would probably cause some sort of cosmic shift that would in turn trigger me to have the most pleasurable experience possible.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Meat Engine »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]yeah judas priest will sadly wind up being on my 'bands i never got to see' list :homework:



but, halford doesn't hit the high notes like he used to and KK's quit, so i feel less bad about it.[/quote]



When I last saw them, he hit the high note in Victim of Changes pretty close to what it should have been. That was about the only high note in the whole set, though.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah, from the random youtube vids i've watched from performances over the last decade, i get the feeling he uses that range reallllly sparingly nowadays. i assume it's probably to keep the rest of his voice in a usable state.



still, if they were playing anywhere near here and i could actually afford it, i'd probably wind up going. but neither of those seem to be in the cards, so i will just continue to pretend like it wouldn't have been awesome to see them even in sub-optimal circumstances :gay:
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

[quote name="^_____________^"]I like the Sex Pistols[/quote]



Who doesn't love the Sex Pistols? :xx: I happen to be wearing a Pistols t shirt right now :idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Darkthrone

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="^_____________^"][youtube]_V0QtrUatLs[/youtube][/quote]



quick, someone post more wino related projects!
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Darkthrone

Post by droidspawn »

I like me some darkthrone also, too.



:palin:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Tea!"]
[quote name="^_____________^"]I like the Sex Pistols[/quote]



Who doesn't love the Sex Pistols? :xx: I happen to be wearing a Pistols t shirt right now :idea:[/quote]

:idea:
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Mesarthim »

the only darkthrone album i ever fell in love with was soulside journey. the rest are okay. :grimsanta:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Darkthrone

Post by RitesOfPossession »

This thread has somewhat rekindled my interest in black metal. An afternoon of Nachtmystium, Ludicra, Enslaved and Tombs is in order.
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

Don't forget Emperor, Drudkh, Velvet Cacoon, early Bathory and Xashtur :grimsanta:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="rasputin's balls"]
[quote name="^_____________^"][youtube]_V0QtrUatLs[/youtube][/quote]



quick, someone post more wino related projects![/quote]



everything he touches is :xx:::::::::::
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Post Reply