Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by rhino »

On Friday, June 3, DJ JC Green of Metal Messiah Radio's "Heavy Metal Thunder" show conducted an interview with veteran San Francisco Bay Area vocalist Steve "Zetro" Souza (HATRIOT, TENET, DUBLIN DEATH PATROL, EXODUS, LEGACY).



When asked if there is any chance that he will ever rejoin EXODUS, Zetro said, "I would love to be there again. It would be great for all the fans to be able hear me sing my songs again. [The current members of EXODUS and I have] talked over the past few years. They do have a singer; his name is Rob [Dukes]. Everybody knows that that's their singer for right now and until that decision is made otherwise, I completely understand and that's why I go along with [my new band] HATRIOT, for one. But how great would that be to see Zetro up there again singing those famous songs like 'The Toxic Waltz' and 'Cajun Hell' and all the good ones? I'm looking forward to it, too. I'm sure it will happen one day. One of these days it will happen. I just saw Gary [Holt, EXODUS guitarist] about three weeks ago at a birthday party. Everything's great; me and him, everybody gets along. . . All you EXODUS fans will have to see. I hear you everywhere I go: 'Zetro, we want you back in the band.' It's not my decision. If it was up to me, you know what I would do. So I just want you guys to know it probably will happen some day. Just keep your fingers crossed. Go to [EXODUS'] web site, [and] tell Gary Holt; he's the man you have to convince . . . The timing of what happened years ago [regarding my] departure, I can't fix. Gary knows that; all of the guys in the band know that. The way it went down wasn't the greatest — I understand it, I've apologized for it, I can't take it back. But now I'm better than I've ever been, I'm singing more metal than I ever have, I'm definitely on top of my game. My life is completely focused on music right now. I'm not even really working much. I usually work a construction job. I'm not even really doing that much right now 'cause I'm trying to focus on my musical projects. So that's where I'm at right now. A couple of years ago that wasn't necessarily the case. Right now it's definitely the case. They know that, everybody knows that. So for all EXODUS fans, don't worry — my head's there. If somebody wants to come back and ask me to do that, you know what I would do."
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by rhino »

dukes >>> zetro
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="rhino"]dukes >>> zetro[/quote]

spot on!
:xx:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by droidspawn »

MEH at zetro. Dukes on the last cd was killer yet a lot the thrash purists hate him and call him fred durst which makes me :huh: and :frown:
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Meat Engine »

[quote name="rhino"]dukes >>> zetro[/quote]



I don't hear it, to be honest. I have yet to hear a Dukes song superior to this one:



[youtube]YUWY1l8T05Y[/youtube]
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by ^_____________^ »

Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul Baloff Paul BaloffPaul Baloff Paul Baloff
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by rhino »

[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[quote name="rhino"]dukes >>> zetro[/quote]



I don't hear it, to be honest. I have yet to hear a Dukes song superior to this one:



[youtube]YUWY1l8T05Y[/youtube][/quote]







[youtube]b4i9_EUrTgE[/youtube]
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Meat Engine »

I remain unconvinced.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by rhino »

fair enough. i think we both can agree that this chick is fucking hot though







[youtube]9Le5S7H8Plo[/youtube]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by rhino »

Responding to Zetro's comments after they were posted on BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Holt wrote, "This dude is on a public relations BLITZ to get his job back!



"Just because I don't hold a grudge DOES NOT mean he's ever gonna get his job back.



"What TOTAL disrespect he showed to me, Rob, and this band. I guess he figures he'll take it to the streets to build up some kind of hype. He believes what he wants to believe, I guess, that the entire world is waiting for his glorious return.



"He came to my birthday party and I figured he'd hit me up, but he's saving it for interviews. I'd feel bad if I were in his band, knowing all he wants to do is bail on them.



"Funny, the band is doing better than ever and we so desperately need him, it seems! LOL! . . . It's really quite sad, like a dude begging for his woman back even though she's long since moved on. Like 'I'll get her back, you just watch, she may be getting nailed by someone else, but she really belongs to me, she just doesn't realize it yet!'



"Move on, man, move on. [You] had your chance, [you] didn't want to work at it, now it's not waiting for you anymore."



Zetro left EXODUS in September 2004 on the eve of the band's South American headlining tour over what was described as long-standing business and personal differences. Holt subsequently issued a statement calling Souza "human crap" for pulling out the trek "only about twenty-four hours before were ready to leave." He added, "Yes, he did a killer job on the new album [2004's 'Tempo Of The Damned'], but mainly because we did not allow him to fuck everything up with his stupid Bon Scott impersonations anymore. We made him sing more like [previous vocalist Paul] Baloff. I tried to make it work. More than you can imagine. But he was (is) the most miserable pile of crap to be around."
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by jawn galliano »

daaaaaaaang
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Mesarthim »

he got SLAMMED.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Uros
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
Location: away from IDI
Contact:

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Uros »

Could see it coming.

I do prefer him greatly over Duke, but one of the reasons is that the material itself on TOTD is much better than their later outputs.

This shit is sad, especially when you hear that Hariot song. Pure rip off of TOTD material. Gary is so right about this.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by droidspawn »

shots fired!
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Vocalist STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA 'Would Love' To Rejoin EXODUS

Post by Meat Engine »

I figured this would never go anywhere. That split was pretty acrimonious.
Post Reply