Pantera hate :huh:

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Tea »

Can someone tell me why so many metalheads hate Pantera so much? Reading reviews of Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven on Metal Archives, everyone seems to bitch about Pantera claiming they sold out, killed thrash metal and are just the worst thing to ever happen in the history of humanity, some people even going so far to say Nathan Gale was the saviour of metal. Everyone seems to bitch about the lyrics and the "tough hard-on bearer" imagine while not saying much about the music apart from it's boring.



Personally I think Pantera is pretty :xx:
User avatar
Victor Frankenstein
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:42

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Victor Frankenstein »

Pantera is total fun! :grimb:
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Tea!"] Everyone seems to bitch about the lyrics and the "tough hard-on bearer" imagine while not saying much about the music apart from it's boring. [/quote]



Pantera is the awesome way.



If I have to buy into the tough hard-on bearer persona to get full whack out of the music then so be it. Their music makes me feel i'm becoming more than a man, more than you ever were, Driven and burning To rise beyond Jesusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :fonz:
Image
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Mesarthim »

Pantera were a great live band. i think a lot of people that hate on them now never saw them live and judge them strictly on their records, which imo are over produced and only decent. if you never saw them live then you wouldn't understand what exactly made them great. also, people on metal archives are fucking retards. you must take that into account when reading any reviews on that site.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Victor Frankenstein
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:42

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Victor Frankenstein »

About twelve years ago, I made my "enhanced" sound system: I connected about 5 or 6 television speakers to normal two-head cassette stereo system. Needless to say, lower bass frequencies were practically non-existent on these speakers. They were all over the room and the kitchen. Anyway, my neighbour's kids (highschool generation) were coming to my house playing chess - they tried to beat me no matter what price. Well, one of the prices I put were that we have to listen to Pantera the whole time at max volume at least two albums time. They never beat me at chess.

:tvrkey:
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

:stormysignal:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by rhino »

my interest in metal music has moved far and beyond pantera, but they are still one of my first bands, and will always be one of my favorites even though there are more of a nostalgic band for me now. i coudnt care less what anybody has to say about them. i know what they meant to me all those years
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="rhino"]my interest in metal music has moved far and beyond pantera, but they are still one of my first bands, and will always be one of my favorites even though there are more of a nostalgic band for me now. i coudnt care less what anybody has to say about them. i know what they meant to me all those years[/quote]



What I was going to say basically.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Nick"]:stormysignal:[/quote]



:santa:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by rhino »

doesnt all that hate get exhausting after a while?
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by jawn galliano »

in many cases it would, but every single thing about pantera is just so fucking awful i can never tire of hating them.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="rasputin's balls"]
[quote name="rhino"]my interest in metal music has moved far and beyond pantera, but they are still one of my first bands, and will always be one of my favorites even though there are more of a nostalgic band for me now. i coudnt care less what anybody has to say about them. i know what they meant to me all those years[/quote]



What I was going to say basically.[/quote]

Pretty much.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by rhino »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]in many cases it would, but every single thing about pantera is just so fucking awful i can never tire of hating them.[/quote]

:necro:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]in many cases it would, but every single thing about pantera is just so fucking awful i can never tire of hating them.[/quote]

:idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by droidspawn »

You like audioslave
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

They're better than Pantera.



:redneck:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by droidspawn »

:shake:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by rhino »

audioslave, haha
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]in many cases it would, but every single thing about pantera is just so fucking awful i can never tire of hating them.[/quote]

:necro:[/quote]



don't roll your eyes at me, i'm just answering your question!
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by rhino »

sorry i'm crabby and in pain :santa:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="^_____________^"]They're better than Pantera.



:redneck:[/quote]

Except they're really not.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="rhino"]sorry i'm crabby and in pain :santa:[/quote]



no worries sir, it's saturday, we all are :idea:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

I think Pantera is probably the most overrated metal band of all time, and I will stand by that. I can't get through a whole song by them without going :necro:
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="rasputin's balls"]
[quote name="rhino"]my interest in metal music has moved far and beyond pantera, but they are still one of my first bands, and will always be one of my favorites even though there are more of a nostalgic band for me now. i coudnt care less what anybody has to say about them. i know what they meant to me all those years[/quote]



What I was going to say basically.[/quote]
Fuck 'em
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="rhino"]audioslave, haha[/quote]
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="^_____________^"]I think Pantera is probably the most overrated metal band of all time, and I will stand by that. I can't get through a whole song by them without going :necro:[/quote]



metallica says hello.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by droidspawn »

lummo fucking has it. thank christ I'm not alone in thinking this.
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

Metallica has Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning. Pantera doesn't have anything like that.
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I dont fuckin care what humans say.

Pantera :xx:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Hallucinating dead »

10 More Dead reminds me of Pantera :greenie: :bang:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ancient One
Posts: 2215
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
Location: ColoradO))))))
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man »

because Pantera is lame and stupid



and also because

[youtube]sjWulkcrKfA[/youtube]
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="powered by pork"]because Pantera is lame and stupid



and also because

[youtube]sjWulkcrKfA[/youtube][/quote]

Thank you :idea:



YEAH MAN GLAM METAL IS RLY COOL



*hears Exhorder demo tape*



GUYS LETS GET fruital NOW \m/
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by droidspawn »

Image
User avatar
Uros
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
Location: away from IDI
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Uros »

Everything I don't like about music is there. Yeah, Dimebag was a killer guitarist, he made some big riffs, and their bassist is good, but Anselmo,...



Just look at these lyrics



''Cause we've been crossing the line since 1989

We're moving the world

Because our power is a shining

Sick groove with fucking magic to prove that

The radicals are here to stay!'







edit: oh, wait :krinor:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by ^_____________^ »

:redneck:



Literally. :REDNECK:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Pantera hate :huh:

Post by Hugo. »

I dont know guys, i think theyre a really good band like.
Image
Post Reply