The beauty of Slayer is their adherence to principle. The principle of BRUTALITY! I can honestly say that were it not for listening to Blessed Are the Sick and Altars of Madness back in the day, my fanaticism would be for Slayer and not MA. As up until that point it was purely Metallica and the Slaytanic Nation baby!
For then, it became nothing but pure Damnation and Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost during the Day of Suffering as I walked with the Ancient Ones and In Remembrance I longed for the Desolate Ways as I continued forth in to the Chapel of Ghouls in order to Bleed For the Devil as I cried out to the Lord of All Fevers and Plague! The Visions From the Dark-side renewed the Evil Spells discovered within the Maze of Torment as my Fall from Grace into the Rebel Lands cleansed my mind with a Brainstorm of knowing, Thy Kingdom Come!
I have never looked back once.
Plus, last time I saw them, when Raining Blood starting playing, it started raining red inside the club

Or either the acid was kicking a helluva lot harder than I realized
Atlanta – March of 1995!