Has anyone else noticed during there shows there's always a problem and Erik always does the same wave and continues playing and shakes his head like this
What I hate about Hate Eternal
- LAVAGOD
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 642
- Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
- Location: the official city of the chicago cubs
What I hate about Hate Eternal
I love this band a lot, especially the new record, but god fucking damnit will Erik please raise the guitar volume in the mix!? His riffs are always kick ass but the drums are so fucking overpowering it's overwhelming, and maybe if he didnt use the same diminished chords so much I know what he's capable of but he's drownding his talent with insane 9999018 BPM double bass and blasts with diminished chords.
Has anyone else noticed during there shows there's always a problem and Erik always does the same wave and continues playing and shakes his head like this
Has anyone else noticed during there shows there's always a problem and Erik always does the same wave and continues playing and shakes his head like this
LAVA!!!
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
), was flawless.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
Also that.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
), was flawless.[/quote]
i seen this tour as well
i seen this tour as well
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
I saw them with cannibal corpse and macabre 
- shubniggurath
- Member
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 08 Dec 2010, 07:18
- Location: Dallas, TX
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
I agree on Fury and Flames...in that case the drums (kicks in particular) are overwhelming and the riffs are largely unintelligible because of the huge emphasis on low end. As Bob demonstrated, a different EQ curve (and other stuff) can make a huge difference:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11651&hilit=f ... p192520</a><!-- l -->
On the new one I wish that the guitar were louder, but I don't find the riffs unintelligible.
It's an awesome album. Blasting is their style, since the beginning. And there's a ton going on in between all the diminished chords.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11651&hilit=f ... p192520</a><!-- l -->
On the new one I wish that the guitar were louder, but I don't find the riffs unintelligible.
It's an awesome album. Blasting is their style, since the beginning. And there's a ton going on in between all the diminished chords.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
), was flawless.[/quote]
i seen this tour as well
[/quote]
It was awesome.
I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
i seen this tour as well
I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Olden Polynice
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 05:46
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
Fury is rediculous.I get abit sick of the diminished chords and over bearing kick sound too but in a way it suits the name and concept of the band.

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
), was flawless.[/quote]
i seen this tour as well
[/quote][/quote]
It was awesome.
I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.[/quote
sherwood always seemed like a cool dude
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed (
i seen this tour as well
I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.[/quote
sherwood always seemed like a cool dude
- LAVAGOD
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 642
- Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
- Location: the official city of the chicago cubs
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
Macabre!! Totally underrated band! I pike the older stuff the best the other stuff with his ridiculous vocals are ehh but there from the official city of the chicago cubs so that's cool. My dad Booked a couple of their shows and even played the same gig with them.
But yeah all in all I love hate eternal and the super chaotic sound really fits them but I think if the drums weren't on top so much they would be easier to listen to in some cases, so far I'm still in love with Phoenix amongst the ashes, I love every song but man almost have the time the riffs are drowned with kicks and snare
But yeah all in all I love hate eternal and the super chaotic sound really fits them but I think if the drums weren't on top so much they would be easier to listen to in some cases, so far I'm still in love with Phoenix amongst the ashes, I love every song but man almost have the time the riffs are drowned with kicks and snare
LAVA!!!
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal
Hate Eternal needs to return to their I, Monarch production. With the excellent material and the excellent production, that album is just...flawless.
