the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

the amazing songs are almost too amazing for their own good



that is all.



:santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

Third best record of 2009 :santa:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

what the fuck is better



tcv used to be better but it isnt anymore. and whatever else you name is wrong



WRONG
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

Crack the Skye/Black Gives Way to Blue >
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

cts is better but i am not enjoying it more in this period. black gives way to blue is right out



:thingy:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

You are enjoying blue record more because you have overplayed cts much like I have.



:sleuth:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

also i discovered ein blue way later, whereas cts was in my nuts from the get-go :inthenuts:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Strange cousins came out in 09
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

strange cousins is not in this horse race :santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Its certainly ahead of that thing alice in chains released in 09 :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

:frown:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by rhino »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]:frown:[/quote]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Well it is
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

WRONG
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by jawn galliano »

repeated listens have divided the album up into 'songs i enjoy' and 'songs i really can't stand and so i skip over them'
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Now which album are you talking about
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by jawn galliano »

ein blue album
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

:santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Abzu »

I was thinking this was Weezer until someone said 2009. :redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

war wisdom and rhyme and oer hell and hide are so-so songs. everything else got cooked just right in the cauldron of win
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Nick"]Its certainly ahead of that thing alice in chains released in 09 :santa:[/quote]



:idea:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Syysysyd »

i used to really like this album; now i find the vocals are annoying and the drums piss me off at times

but it's still listenable
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

you need to change your mind on those things. the vocals are sweet-sour harmonies strained at just the right pitch, and the drums are big and boomy and warm. they kind of remind me of the big drum sound on kill em all now that i think about it :"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm":



:sicken:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Syysysyd »

i'm mainly referring to the silly snare-high hat-snare-high hat disco beat thing he throws in occasionally. the sound is ok, but also kind of flat.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

flat :huh: maybe you are talking about a blue record that has a lot of things in common with the one released by baroness in 2009 but was actually put out some other time by a completely different band



in fact i'm just going to assume that that's the case :santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Syysysyd »

Nope referring to the blue record released by baroness in 2009 that I also bought.

i meant the drum sound is kind of flat, the snare and toms and bass drum all kind of mesh together to these ears. Also it's just the repetition of the same OOOOOOOOOOOOO vocal harmony over and over that grinds my gears, ya know? They just had to harmonize the end of every godamn line on that album.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

i have no idea what you're talking about but i wish god speed to this second baroness :ba:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Syysysyd »

oh well i envy your innocence of not being irritated by these little things. :evil:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by jawn galliano »

if i had to pick one thing that stands out as being not good on this album it would probably be the vocals
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

Those are awesome though
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

see you guys jorsh knows
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

You got me rocking said pretty heavy in my car. now I'm going to thrown on the red album. give it a nice whirl if you know what I'm saying.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="meh."]see you guys jorsh knows[/quote]



I never said they sucked
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

I believe he's referring to stormy's comment.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Well saying see you guys lumps everyone in
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by rhino »

blue album is fantastic driving music :idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by droidspawn »

it really is. gets me pumped in a fun, feel good way. :gay:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by rhino »

whenever i take the country roads on the way home from work so i can unwind with a beer that is the cd i will grab alot :santa:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Hugo. »

See now i want to just jam some baroness with a beer, Ryan.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

its too fucking short though. by the time you look up from all the rocking and air guitar and stuff you're already on blackpowder orchard



make the green record longer than 44 minutes mr. baroness lads :shake:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="meh."]its too fucking short though. by the time you look up from all the rocking and air guitar and stuff you're already on blackpowder orchard



make the green record longer than 44 minutes mr. baroness lads :shake:[/quote]



Thats my one criticism of baroness, they definitely err on the short side. For the last two albums anyway.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

they're really not even super short or anything, they just seem short cause one shakes the booty so much :gay:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

our lord and master never noticed how short said record is
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Hugo. »

Our lord and master needs to get his fucking act together.
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Haunty »

[quote name=";,,;"]I was thinking this was Weezer until someone said 2009. :redneck:[/quote]



Me too. :high5:
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name=";,,;"]I was thinking this was Weezer until someone said 2009. :redneck:[/quote]



Me too. :high5:[/quote]

I'm pretending it is. :redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the more i listen to blue record, the better it gets

Post by agony bagony »

...ugh
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Post Reply