GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by Mesarthim »

GODFLESH Working On New Material - Oct. 8, 2011



Justin Broadrick of reformed industrial metal pioneers GODFLESH has confirmed to Decibel magazine that the band has begun working on material for a new studio album. "[The songwriting process is going] really, really slowly," Justin said. "I guess because I've had my son, it's slowed things down a bit for us. I mean, [fellow GODFLESH founding member] Ben Green got married last year and he still holds a very good job, so he's very busy, we're both very busy but we have a lot of ideas. Also, there's no way we'd approach a new record just to milk the newfound popularity of GODFLESH. I mean, it could take another year before we release something, and even the intitial impact of the reformation could have subsided by then, but that's kind of meaningless, really; it's just making another really good, cold and bleak record. And it's more than in us, it's in me, it still translates the same emotions that I've been struggling with all my life."



When asked if he would say GODFLESH is the best way he has found to articulate the more aggressive emotions, Justin said, "Absolutely. And the defensive side as well. I mean, JESU was another realm altogether and it was intended to be; it was meant to be distanced from GODFLESH. That was the whole point and it was more of an indulgence in terms of other aspects of things that I enjoyed but couldn't touch upon in something like GODFLESH. Even if GODFLESH touched upon some of the premises of JESU, JESU is the full-blown conceptualization a form of pop, a heavier form of it but a form of pop all the same. It's just in my context, it's clearly far from any sort of pop music. Arguably, it still contains a lot of GODFLESH because, in a way, you could say that's still how I am, and JESU is a deviation, an odd root away from the whole GODFLESH thing. Essentially, GODFLESH is what I've always been."



GODFLESH will make an exclusive North American appearance at the Maryland Deathfest X festival, set to take place May 24-27, 2012 at Sonar in Baltimore.



Quality multi-camera video footage of GODFLESH's performance at last year's Supersonic Festival can be viewed below.



GODFLESH performed its seminal debut full-length album, 1989's "Streetcleaner", in its entirety at the 2011 edition of the Roadburn festival on April 14 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland. In addition, founding members Justin Broadrick and Benny Green played the "Tiny Tears" EP, which was conceived as part of the overall "Streetcleaner" vision, in full as well.



"Streetcleaner" was remastered and reissued in a deluxe digipak in Europe on June 21, 2010 and in North America on August 10, 2010 via Earache Records.



"Streetcleaner" was GODFLESH's second release, proving to be one of the band's finest and most recognized albums and helping them to become one of the most influential industrial bands ever. Now "Streetcleaner" was brought up to date as a special expanded version, with all tracks remastered by GODFLESH founding member Justin Broadrick. The album also includes a bonus disc featuring 12 previously unreleased live tracks, alternate mixes and demos, and comes housed in a deluxe multi-panel digipak with detailed liner notes.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by rhino »

i thought they've been working on new shit for a while now
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]Quality multi-camera video footage of GODFLESH's performance at last year's Supersonic Festival can be viewed below[/quote]



:shakefist:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by droidspawn »

hot damn. i think i'll put on streetcleaner to mark the occasion.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]Quality multi-camera video footage of GODFLESH's performance at last year's Supersonic Festival can be viewed below[/quote]



:shakefist:[/quote]



go to blabbermouth.



:sard:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Motherfucking yes :thingy:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: GODFLESH Working On New Materia

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Nick"]Motherfucking yes :thingy:[/quote]
Post Reply