Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

New Cynic out 11-11-11

Image :fonz:
LAVA!!!
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by jawn galliano »

i listened to it a few times but the last one didn't do anything for me. i will probably skip this one :santa:
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by vega »

i did not listen before but is good artwork :interessant:
Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Mutilator »

I miss the death metal elements in it: it's too much Aeon Spokish.
Redd
Ancient One
Posts: 4821
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 05:52
Location: USA

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Redd »

This has caught my interest.
User avatar
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ancient One
Posts: 2215
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
Location: ColoradO))))))
Contact:

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man »

New Cynic >>>>>> old Cynic



The old stuff is so awkward with proper death metal being spoiled by those AWFUL synthesized vocals. The new stuff actually makes the vocal approach work.



:piss2:
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Mesarthim »

I like both. two different and vastly set apart eras.



anyone that was expecting traced in air to sound like focus is a fucking retard.



I shall check this out.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
mudbuttthegreat
Member
Posts: 344
Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 10:02

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by mudbuttthegreat »

Cynic is amazing. :thingy:
[quote name="HbW"]nobody cockmesses with fuckruling[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="powered by pork"]New Cynic >>>>>> old Cynic



The old stuff is so awkward with proper death metal being spoiled by those AWFUL synthesized vocals. [/quote]



I think the growls on Traced actually have the same effect.
Image
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="powered by pork"]New Cynic >>>>>> old Cynic



The old stuff is so awkward with proper death metal being spoiled by those AWFUL synthesized vocals. The new stuff actually makes the vocal approach work.



:piss2:[/quote]



Yeah I guess it fits together better, but the main problem is it still sounds like the new-age shelf at barnes and noble. I bet Paul Masvidal has read 'the secret' at least three times.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Hugo. »

Its worth it for Paula solos :judge:
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Hugo"]Its worth it for pauls solos :judge:[/quote]
Image
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="vega"] is good artwork :interessant:[/quote]
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

I'm curious about who did the artwork, looks oldschool :xx: :xx: :xx:

If I had to guess I'd say dan seagrave though :xx:
LAVA!!!
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by jawn galliano »

that doesn't look anything like seagrave :huh:
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

Clandestine

Effigy of the forgotten

Left hand path

Retribution

The first malevolent creation album

Traces of his art are quite evident that this could be his peice. If your talking about gateways or the that warbringer album then yeah it looks nothing alike
LAVA!!!
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by jawn galliano »

if you spend more than like three seconds looking at those covers and then at the new cynic, you can tell pretty easily that they're done by two different artists. whatever similarities there are in the subjects, the techniques used don't resemble each other at all. the new cynic ain't seagrave and i'd put money on that :santa:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

The "Carbon-Based Anatomy" artwork was designed by the great Robert Venosa, the artist behind the covers of CYNIC's previous releases "Focus", "Traced in Air" and "Re-Traced".



From blabbermouth
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by jawn galliano »

someone owes me money
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

:redneck: .. I think we can all agree that's one sick ass cover! We need more of this type of artwork these days not that horseshit photoshop deluxe Vadimvon bullshit and everything bands nowadays use.
LAVA!!!
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

It ain't all that great
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

Better than gleeso
LAVA!!!
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

You say that like its even an option
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by LAVAGOD »

Better than descend to deprevity
LAVA!!!
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Cynic- Carbon Based Anatomy

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Well it's not even close to being as awesome as some of john dyer baizleys stuff
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Post Reply