Good modern death metal?
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Good modern death metal?
HERP DE DERP NO SUCH THING yeah if you're not gonna contribute gtfo.
I've got a renewed interest in metal in particular modern stuff. I've only watched a few sample videos of bands like the faceless, abysmal dawn, fleshgod apocalypse, and obscura (yes) to name a few and I like what I'm hearing. I'm not expecting something incredibly original, just well-composed and listenable stuff, at least enough to listen to a whole album in one sitting without getting bored. What are the better albums from these bands? Or any bands on par with that kind of sound?
I've got a renewed interest in metal in particular modern stuff. I've only watched a few sample videos of bands like the faceless, abysmal dawn, fleshgod apocalypse, and obscura (yes) to name a few and I like what I'm hearing. I'm not expecting something incredibly original, just well-composed and listenable stuff, at least enough to listen to a whole album in one sitting without getting bored. What are the better albums from these bands? Or any bands on par with that kind of sound?
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
I saw your penis.
I was not impressed.
I was not impressed.
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Good modern death metal?
modern death metal is trendy music. 
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Lavabug"]HERP DE DERP[/quote]
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Good modern death metal?
I've been wondering the same thing. A fellating lover asked me what's left to death metal, after he was very disheartened hearing Illu.d and I had a hard time answering him.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
I only like scepter and some songs from the 3rd album.
- mudbuttthegreat
- Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 10:02
Re: Good modern death metal?
The new Black Dahlia Murder cd Ritual is pretty awesome. Aborted rocks too
[quote name="HbW"]nobody cockmesses with fuckruling[/quote]
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: Good modern death metal?
Insision's new EP may be right up your alley.
- Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
- Location: ColoradO))))))
- Contact:
Re: Good modern death metal?
Ulcerate is about the only thing I care for in this period
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
Dead Congregation y'all. Also Ulcerate but the only one I'd say is essential is Everything is Fire.
Definitely not Obscura though
Definitely not Obscura though
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Good modern death metal?
I really need to get around to hearing that last Ulcerate.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
it's good but EiF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Good modern death metal?
Why the hell someone name his band Mitochondrion 
Is that a science-metal band ?
Is that a science-metal band ?
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
they're just really into ATP is all
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Good modern death metal?
surprised no one has listed disma yet. has craig from incantation and fucking rips.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Good modern death metal?
ulcerate
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
I know all of the bands mentioned save for disma and DC, though I haven't gotten around to listening to Mitochondrion.
Definitely need a refresher on EiF, its the only album I listened to from them.
Can anyone comment on abysmal dawn, fleshgod etc?
Definitely need a refresher on EiF, its the only album I listened to from them.
Can anyone comment on abysmal dawn, fleshgod etc?
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Good modern death metal?
Modern old school death metal aint modern death metal
[youtube]B-KJlP2EZ8I[/youtube]
[youtube]B-KJlP2EZ8I[/youtube]
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- Syysysyd
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49
Re: Good modern death metal?
I dig me some faceless
[youtube]uvk6fyuyNE8[/youtube]
[youtube]uvk6fyuyNE8[/youtube]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="only pieces remain"]surprised no one has listed disma yet. has craig from incantation and fucking rips.[/quote]
i feel like if someone pointed that out to me sooner, i would've checked them out a long time ago
i feel like if someone pointed that out to me sooner, i would've checked them out a long time ago
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Good modern death metal?
[youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]
[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]

[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
i gots the album now, sounds pretty good so far 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Good modern death metal?
I've listened to that disma quite a bit. Its awesome. Good mix of old and new school. 

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]
[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]
[/quote]
Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.
[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]
Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
Re: Good modern death metal?
[youtube]bSVoSLxc2LI[/youtube]
These are quite cool and similiar to the Faceless.
I'm not into the newer Fleshgod, it's so overdone. Hour of Penance are somewhat similiar but better imo.
These are quite cool and similiar to the Faceless.
I'm not into the newer Fleshgod, it's so overdone. Hour of Penance are somewhat similiar but better imo.

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]
[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]
[/quote]
Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.[/quote]
seriously. this is good stuff
[/quote]
Wow, that was surprising! TO THE GOOGLE!
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]
[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]
Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.[/quote]
seriously. this is good stuff
Wow, that was surprising! TO THE GOOGLE!
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
Fucking shit is GENUINE.
Just found out Disma are from Clifton, where I used to live.
Just found out Disma are from Clifton, where I used to live.
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Lavabug"]Can anyone comment on...[/quote]
[quote name="Lavabug"]Abysmal Dawn[/quote]
Can't say enough good things about them, they're great. I prefer Leveling The Plane Of Existence to their earlier work though, in fact it's one of the best albums I've heard all year.
[quote name="Lavabug"]Fleshgod Apocalypse[/quote]
Get Oracles and Mafia and just try not to enjoy them. Agony is also great, but it's more of a move towards Septic Flesh's style of death metal. There's nothing wrong with it at all, but considering the question you asked, I think you'd prefer the first two.
[quote name="Lavabug"]Abysmal Dawn[/quote]
Can't say enough good things about them, they're great. I prefer Leveling The Plane Of Existence to their earlier work though, in fact it's one of the best albums I've heard all year.
[quote name="Lavabug"]Fleshgod Apocalypse[/quote]
Get Oracles and Mafia and just try not to enjoy them. Agony is also great, but it's more of a move towards Septic Flesh's style of death metal. There's nothing wrong with it at all, but considering the question you asked, I think you'd prefer the first two.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Good modern death metal?
This jams. One of my favourite recent DM tunes.
[youtube]wgrc6Ch3Exo[/youtube]
[youtube]wgrc6Ch3Exo[/youtube]

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Derek Waters"]they're just really into ATP is all[/quote]
krebs cycle
krebs cycle

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
motherfucking, electron carriers all up in that bitch
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
Redox niggaaa
boobjudge: I already had oracles and mafia on my mp3.
Just got that AD album so it will be getting jammed.
But not until I devour the fuck out of this Disma shit. Sweet fuck, its like listening to Nespithe for the first time.
boobjudge: I already had oracles and mafia on my mp3.
But not until I devour the fuck out of this Disma shit. Sweet fuck, its like listening to Nespithe for the first time.
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Good modern death metal?
fuck fuck FUCK. Stormy you best get this Disma shit post-haste.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
i snagged it a few days ago, pretty fucking great it is 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Good modern death metal?
Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Good modern death metal?
abysmal meh, death metal sucks
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Good modern death metal?

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Devy"]Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?[/quote]
i have not heard this thing
i have not heard this thing
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Devy"]
[/quote]

[/quote]- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Good modern death metal?
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Devy"]Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?[/quote]
i have not heard this thing[/quote]
[youtube]vG9iznDmWQ[/youtube]
[quote name="Devy"]Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?[/quote]
i have not heard this thing[/quote]
[youtube]vG9iznDmWQ[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
