The Algorithm (djentstep)
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
The Algorithm (djentstep)
[youtube]n8iy_xEREWA[/youtube]
Imagine this with Morbid Angel riffs and you´d probably somewhat have the Morbid Angel album that Trey would´ve intended.
Imagine this with Morbid Angel riffs and you´d probably somewhat have the Morbid Angel album that Trey would´ve intended.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
wow.
just wow.
take two of the worst genres of extreme music and combine them.
what a brilliant idea.
just wow.
take two of the worst genres of extreme music and combine them.
what a brilliant idea.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
I don't really like this, but it's much more interesting than the two bowls of shit this drew influence from.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
If you click the video and go to the videos on the side there's a video of the dude performing live. It's just some hard-on bearer turning knobs, there's actually no guitars or drums involved.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
i fucking hate this term "djent".
it's like let's call funk "bow-chika-wow-wow" from now on.
it's like let's call funk "bow-chika-wow-wow" from now on.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that something is actually called "djentstep" is bad enough to begin with[/quote]
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that something is actually called "djentstep" is bad enough to begin with[/quote][/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that something is actually called "djentstep" is bad enough to begin with[/quote][/quote]

;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]
I agree that labels are useful, but sometimes they are so stupid as to be not helpful. Djent is a pretty shitty label, because I have no idea what it is.
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]
I agree that labels are useful, but sometimes they are so stupid as to be not helpful. Djent is a pretty shitty label, because I have no idea what it is.
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
You could put djent in a bra and I'd still hate it.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Boss Primigenius
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1668
- Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
Onomatopoeic labels in general are pretty dumb, especially when the actual sound doesn't sound anything like the word used to describe it 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
It should be called "gnungk"
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
Ed zachary. 
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]

[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]
labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.
predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
[quote name="Mem"]Onomatopoeic labels in general are pretty dumb, especially when the actual sound doesn't sound anything like the word used to describe it
[/quote]
'Piss' is the most accurate and fun one of these.
Check out this monster I just discovered:
[youtube]xMvHSWXRgt0[/youtube]
'Piss' is the most accurate and fun one of these.
Check out this monster I just discovered:
[youtube]xMvHSWXRgt0[/youtube]

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)
That perfectly soundtracks your signature.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
