Blues appreciation...
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Blues appreciation...
Fuck yes you do.
[youtube]hKEdlSTHjtU[/youtube]
[youtube]hKEdlSTHjtU[/youtube]

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
i just don't understand this genre at all
i listen to it and i just can't figure out why i'm supposed to care about what they're doing
i listen to it and i just can't figure out why i'm supposed to care about what they're doing
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
i blame it on my privileged upbringing, and also because i'm white
the fact that i don't understand the blues, i mean
the fact that i don't understand the blues, i mean
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Blues appreciation...
[youtube]luwp5iZD8wQ[/youtube]
white boy blues
white boy blues
- baron von blondle
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3660
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
- Location: In Trouble
- Contact:
Re: Blues appreciation...
[quote name="Skinoperable"]blues honestly sounds better when erudite bowler's are at the helm[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
you have two options:
a) blues
b) reggae
you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]
Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
you have two options:
a) blues
b) reggae
you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]
Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
well i don't hate blues per se, but the world would definitely be a better place if reggae had never existed. so blues i guess
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Blues appreciation...
appreciates
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Blues appreciation...
i dont really care for olds blues but i like the southern bluesy sludge metal sound 
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Blues appreciation...
I :appreciate: it the Screamin Jay Hawkins, Muddy Waters, Ledbetter, and random raw gritty deep south blues, and the rock inspired by the blues (Hendrix
::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;)
That music was pure feeling and should always be revered.
That music was pure feeling and should always be revered.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Blues appreciation...
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]blues honestly sounds better when erudite bowler's are at the helm[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
you have two options:
a) blues
b) reggae
you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]
Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though[/quote]
I don't really enjoy reggae at all, but I do enjoy some of the West Coast stuff inspired by ska and reggae in the 80s and early gloryhole era (examples: Sublime, early Choking Victim)
[quote name="Skinoperable"]blues honestly sounds better when erudite bowler's are at the helm[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
you have two options:
a) blues
b) reggae
you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]
Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though[/quote]
I don't really enjoy reggae at all, but I do enjoy some of the West Coast stuff inspired by ska and reggae in the 80s and early gloryhole era (examples: Sublime, early Choking Victim)
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
sublime, are you goddamned kidding me?!
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
my roommate for the last couple months i lived in south carolina listened to 40 ounces in his car for the entire duration i stayed there. i never want to hear that band again for as long as i live
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Blues appreciation...
[quote name="Skinoperable"]while i did enjoy sublime a lot more when i was a teen, they have more or less become the white version of bob marley.[/quote]
There's some new group that's all the rage with some people I know, named something like "Pepper." They are the worst kind of shitty sublime knockoff; I went to a bar with a sexy leopard elevator I know from school and she had this shit on in the car. I have never in my life more wanted to punch an attractive chick.
There's some new group that's all the rage with some people I know, named something like "Pepper." They are the worst kind of shitty sublime knockoff; I went to a bar with a sexy leopard elevator I know from school and she had this shit on in the car. I have never in my life more wanted to punch an attractive chick.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Blues appreciation...
I cannot be in the same room with that shit. Somebody's going to suffer the fucking fisticuffs if I hear it again.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Blues appreciation...
wow this pepper shit is so bad. it sounds like the kind of band you'd hear opening for like a 311 show or something
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Blues appreciation...
[quote name="Derek Waters"]sublime, are you goddamned kidding me?![/quote]
not at all. I very much enjoy a good bit from 40 oz and the self titled.
not at all. I very much enjoy a good bit from 40 oz and the self titled.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Blues appreciation...
[quote name="Derek Waters"]wow this pepper shit is so bad. it sounds like the kind of band you'd hear opening for like a 311 show or something[/quote]
Bingo. That's exactly what it sounds like.
Bingo. That's exactly what it sounds like.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)