Vocalist PETER DOLVING Quits THE HAUNTED - Feb. 29, 2012
Vocalist Peter Dolving has announced via his Facebook page that he has left the Swedish metal band THE HAUNTED. He writes, "I am officially quitting THE HAUNTED. After years of working with the band, I am out. I have had it. I will NOT answer questions to why. It's no one else's business. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to seeing you people at other shows with other projects."
The remaining members of THE HAUNTED have released a short statement confirming that "Peter has decided to leave THE HAUNTED permanently." They added, "We don't have any more news or info for you regarding this at the moment, but stay tuned for future updates. We just wanted to put and end to all the rumors out there."
Previously a vocalist for MARY BEATS JANE, Dolving joined THE HAUNTED in 1997 and sang in their debut self-titled album. In 1998, he left the group to concentrate on a band called ZEN-MONKEY but returned in 2003 following the departure of Marco Aro (the vocalist which took over Dolving's spot after Peter's 1998 exit). He has since appeared on the studio albums "Revolver" (2004), "The Dead Eye" (2006), "Versus" (2008) and "Unseen" (2011).
THE HAUNTED's seventh studio CD, "Unseen", sold around 1,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The effort landed at position No. 33 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
"Unseen" was released on March 29, 2011 via Century Media Records. The CD was once again recorded with longtime producer Tue Madsen (MOONSPELL, DARK TRANQUILLITY, GOREFEST, SICK OF IT ALL) at his Antfarm Studio in Århus, Denmark.
Vocalist PETER DOLVING Quits THE HAUNTED
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Vocalist PETER DOLVING Quits THE HAUNTED
i think he ran his course with the band anyway. maybe a new dude can bring some life and aggression to this once furious fucking band 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Vocalist PETER DOLVING Quits THE HAUNTED
[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]"We just wanted to put and end to all the rumors out there."[/quote]
That might have worked better if you'd said why he left. Silly swedes.
That might have worked better if you'd said why he left. Silly swedes.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Vocalist PETER DOLVING Quits THE HAUNTED
Too bad, they were the important band in reviving thrashmetal, but others have surpassed them.
Apart from the first album, I was never very impressed of their music.
Apart from the first album, I was never very impressed of their music.