negura bunger are playing at a local bar
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
negura bunger are playing at a local bar
i've heard these guys are good but i'm assuming they they're one of those indie rock/BM hybrids, or depression metal, which are pretty much universally bad. someone prove me wrong and convince me this is worth checking out 
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
that's one vote against. this isn't looking promising!
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]i've heard these guys are good but i'm assuming they they're one of those indie rock/BM hybrids, or depression metal, which are pretty much universally bad. someone prove me wrong and convince me this is worth checking out
[/quote]
I don't know if they're your style or not, but they definitely aren't either of those things. I like the clean vocals, but I can see that others wouldn't. Either way, I love them. They're one of the most interesting and unique black metal bands to have...well really, ever... happened, IMO.
Solve for yourself.
[youtube]CnXcl3tYyDs[/youtube]
Plus if nothing else, I don't remember that they've toured the states before, so now is your chance.
I don't know if they're your style or not, but they definitely aren't either of those things. I like the clean vocals, but I can see that others wouldn't. Either way, I love them. They're one of the most interesting and unique black metal bands to have...well really, ever... happened, IMO.
Solve for yourself.
[youtube]CnXcl3tYyDs[/youtube]
Plus if nothing else, I don't remember that they've toured the states before, so now is your chance.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
They were damn good before they broke up
Now I´m not so sure
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
is this one of those deals where they reformed without any of the original members?
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
Only the drummer
It was a sneaky affair too, this band wasn't supposed to go on.
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
Post break up Negura Bunger album was less interesting too 
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
[youtube]v-SCyXecLZg[/youtube]
You should probably just go
You should probably just go
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
if it's not stupid expensive i'll probably check it out. it seems a bunch of my friends are going so it should be a good time regardless
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
I would go to this, don't listen to skinner.
worst comes to worst you're out $15 or however much it costs...but i bet you'll fell it was worth it.
worst comes to worst you're out $15 or however much it costs...but i bet you'll fell it was worth it.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
apparently it's only $10, which makes me wonder how in the hell these guys aren't losing truckloads of money on this tour 
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: negura bunger are playing at a local bar
well they either have a guarantee which would actually affect the promoter more than the band if they are losing money or they probably take a percentage at the door and make up the difference with merch.