Portishead appreciation

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Portishead appreciation

Post by FUKKET »

Portishead appreciation



Image



jammed these guys the other day for the first time in years! Forgot how much I digs.

:xx:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by Abzu »

It's impossible to not fall in love with Beth every time I listen.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by droidspawn »

Everything they do is gold. All of it, seriously. Probably my favorite non metal/rock band, them or the smiths. Dummy is one of the best albums ever.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by Abzu »

That live album should be listed somewhere as one of the greatest recordings of music in all of history.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by droidspawn »

correct
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by FUKKET »

yinz all in the know.

:idea:
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Abzu"]It's impossible to not fall in love with Beth every time I listen.[/quote]



Anyone got her solo albums post their break-up?

I never got around to checking them out.
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by Boss Primigenius »

Portishead :xx:



[youtube]WrjidhAbkKk[/youtube]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Abzu"]That live album should be listed somewhere as one of the greatest recordings of music in all of history.[/quote]



Yes!



[youtube]z8vOhl7SEAY[/youtube]



I would love to hear some of their last album done like that.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Portishead appreciation

Post by agony bagony »

i appreciate it the portishead
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Post Reply