HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
Canadian technical death metal pioneers GORGUTS, have been added to the DEATH TO ALL TOUR 2012! The history and legend that is this band surely makes the tour that much more interesting. Luc Lemay, Gorguts' founder and frontman, is a legend himself and we could not be any more excited about this announcement. Gorguts will be opening all shows up to but not including lummo's cowtown. Here is the official statement about the tour from Luc:
“If I owe one person regarding the fact that I chose to become a Death Metal musician in life, I totally
owe this to Chuck Schuldiner.
Back in 86-87 I was already a fan of the genre with Possessed’s 'Seven Churches', Celtic Frost’s 'Morbid Tales' and Hellhammer’s 'Apocalyptic Raids'. But the day I put my hand, DEATH’s 'Scream Bloody Gore' cassette tape, my life changed. All I wanted was to become a guitar player, playing death metal and singing with a raw, evil and fruital voice like Chuck.
So here I am, twenty five years later, as passionate as day one. Being on stage paying homage to this amazingly visionary and creative artist, Chuck Schuldiner. In my heart I see him as important as any composer of the 20th and 21st centuries. He created a language and a musical esthetic that will never be forgotten.”
DEATH TO ALL 2012 – In benefit of Sweet Relief (sweetrelief.org). This 5 city tour will feature a majority of DEATH's amazing musicians, as well as special guests. This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund – a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.
<!-- m -->http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/inde ... pport.html<!-- m -->
“If I owe one person regarding the fact that I chose to become a Death Metal musician in life, I totally
owe this to Chuck Schuldiner.
Back in 86-87 I was already a fan of the genre with Possessed’s 'Seven Churches', Celtic Frost’s 'Morbid Tales' and Hellhammer’s 'Apocalyptic Raids'. But the day I put my hand, DEATH’s 'Scream Bloody Gore' cassette tape, my life changed. All I wanted was to become a guitar player, playing death metal and singing with a raw, evil and fruital voice like Chuck.
So here I am, twenty five years later, as passionate as day one. Being on stage paying homage to this amazingly visionary and creative artist, Chuck Schuldiner. In my heart I see him as important as any composer of the 20th and 21st centuries. He created a language and a musical esthetic that will never be forgotten.”
DEATH TO ALL 2012 – In benefit of Sweet Relief (sweetrelief.org). This 5 city tour will feature a majority of DEATH's amazing musicians, as well as special guests. This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund – a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.
<!-- m -->http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/inde ... pport.html<!-- m -->

- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
i wanna go 
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
I wonder if Luc will do some vocals during the main set too, that'd be cool
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
so it's a five-city tour and gorguts is playing the first four shows but not the fifth show

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
You can sing that. I dont get it. Its for a charity, yet only 5 dates. It doesnt add up.

- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
that's it, i'm going to this.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
fuck a duck, why not lummo's cowtown!?
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
[quote name="Skinoperable"]this would be more exciting if it were a new gorguts album[/quote]
As it happens, I looked into that the other day. Herr Longstreth says the album is done and is being shopped around to labels. Christ knows why they weren't immediately signed, but the world is clearly an odd place.
As it happens, I looked into that the other day. Herr Longstreth says the album is done and is being shopped around to labels. Christ knows why they weren't immediately signed, but the world is clearly an odd place.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
No doubt you've heard this already, but it can't be posted enough times
[youtube]wEX5n3_p254[/youtube]
[youtube]wEX5n3_p254[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
[quote name="ham slice"]well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier[/quote]
Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.
But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.
Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.
But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.

- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]fuck a duck, why not lummo's cowtown!?[/quote]
the fact that you have to ask this question answers it
the fact that you have to ask this question answers it
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE
[quote name="Paste Human"]
[quote name="ham slice"]well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier[/quote]
Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.
But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.[/quote]
They could well do that.
I know gene took time off from Fear Factory to do this, so it's probably the case with everyone else too.
This sounds lime a fucking KILLER night.
[quote name="ham slice"]well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier[/quote]
Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.
But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.[/quote]
They could well do that.
I know gene took time off from Fear Factory to do this, so it's probably the case with everyone else too.
This sounds lime a fucking KILLER night.
