nu-metal or metalcore?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by neckred »

which do you prefer and why?



now you don't have to like either to vote in this thread, because I really don't like either one myself.



I vote nu-metal, not much good stuff here, but a few good bands were lumped in this genre.



overall I just find it less annoying than metalcore, soloing for the sake of it is just as bad as not soloing for the sake of it.
ImageImageImageImage
Noyka
Ancient One
Posts: 4935
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:16
Location: California

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Noyka »

Metalcore, I like more core bands than nu-metal by far.
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by shadowalk »

Nu-metal. Aside from the fact that I grew up with it and witnessed its evolution, I like how it's still a much more straight-to-the-point medium than metalcore.
User avatar
Teresa
Ancient One
Posts: 1172
Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Teresa »

There are a handful of good nu-metal bands. (early Coal Chamber, Static-X, Kittie, Fear Factory), what does metalcore have?

anywho, Noyka, I spy Robyn! your avi is free of flaws.
why you wanna trip on me
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

nu metal for the simple fact that the deftones will always get lumped in with it. Also, I wasn't aware of deathcore having one decent band :huh:



Noyka enlighten us please.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by agony bagony »

neithercore
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I cant understand why metalcore bands call themselves metal-core. I cant find any metal or hardcore influences in it. :lol:



This best metal+hardcore :bang: :bang:

[youtube]sw3o-D551d4[/youtube]
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by zim »

i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Syysysyd »

If BTBAM or Black Dahlia is metalcore then metalcore.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

Nu metal by a mile. It at least has a handful of bands worth listening to.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar[/quote]

Your title would seem to suggest otherwise. :redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Devy »

I used to like some metalcore bands, assuming Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage and Chimaira count. They always got touted as said anyway. Because of this, I vote for said.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Holocaust »

I used to dig me some Chimaira but they got stale like old crackers.
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by zim »

[quote name="Abzu"]
[quote name="zim"]i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar[/quote]

Your title would seem to suggest otherwise. :redneck:[/quote]



:redneck:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by rhino »

nu metal



[youtube]ZgVV9XQyI2Y[/youtube]
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

nothingface :xx:
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by FUKKET »

I'm going to guess Nu-metal for me... as I think I'd rather listen to the first 4 or so Korn albums over recent core stuff with screaming vocals & breakdowns for the sake of breakdowns.

But Korn is the only Nu-metal I have.

And I don't think I have any metal-core bands in my collection (i'm still not 100% sure what metal-core is... and iSard researching as such)
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Beer [Bot]":3pssbsg9]nothingface :xx:[/quote]



i saw them open for sepultura in i think 01 and they were fuuuuuuuuuu
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

cking awesome. yeah they pretty good. wish i could've seen them.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by agony bagony »

they pooped in the bed. it was disappointing



i think that was the time i saw hatebreed too and their fans rolled around in the poop and got it all up in the sheets
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by jawn galliano »

metalcore, only because i heard converge described as metalcore once. and converge > all numetal
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

converge are too awesome to be called metalcore. I'd call them a rip roarin' good time :gay:
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by FUKKET »

really? Converge metalcore?

I like them. A lot. :santa:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by jawn galliano »

i ain't sayin' i agree with the assessment, but i heard it once



i'm super excited for the new album :idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

:santa:
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by neckred »

Tool has been labeled nu-metal at times though, as well Deftones, both of which >>>>> Converge to me



but I do like some older Converge
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Beer [Bot]":23xufcnz]:santa:[/quote]
User avatar
Shredlord
Ancient One
Posts: 1730
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 20:07

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Shredlord »

Are those my only choices?
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by vO)))id »

nu-metal

I'll listen to korn, limb bizkit (i know, it's bad) or deftones any day if I'd have to choose between those two.

fucking gay ass poser emo metalcore shit.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Mesarthim »

This thread makes me sad.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="tuned beer"]nu-metal

I'll listen to korn, limb bizkit (i know, it's bad) or deftones any day if I'd have to choose between those two.

fucking gay ass poser emo metalcore shit.[/quote]

This.



Metalcore bullshit is nothing more than an attempt at making metal accessible. Nu Metal was at least initially trying to do something its own.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by droidspawn »

:idea:
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

Well both metalcore and nu-metal call themselves metal... but failed.

But yes metalcore is becoming a more big trendy scene. Atleast nu-metal is not about crying hard because your girlfriend dissed you like most of the core bands do. :frown:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by deckard »

metalcore
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Hugo. »

Nu metal was so adorable with it's kind of westside gangsta/entourage vibe going.



But I wont lie and say it didnt get me into heavier music. :judge:
Image
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by jawn galliano »

numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common



the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Derek Waters?"]numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common



the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist[/quote]

Both sprang from the fertile womb of FNM. They may have been retarded children of said, but children nonetheless.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]deftones were/are lumped in with nu-metal, so that.[/quote]

The most :xx: band in all the categorizing of that sort.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Ninny »

nu
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Abzu"]
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common



the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist[/quote]

Both sprang from the fertile womb of FNM. They may have been retarded children of said, but children nonetheless.[/quote]



:redneck: :santa:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by Abzu »

our lord and master invented both genres as an April Fools prank.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="ham slice"]neithercore[/quote]
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="ham slice"]
[quote name="ham slice"]neithercore[/quote][/quote]



:redneck:
Post Reply