DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by rhino »

DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno told the Chilean web site La Tercera that the band completed pre-production on its seventh album this past week and will enter the studio on July 9 to begin recording the effort for a late 2012 release. "I know everyone says this, but I think it will be the best album we've recorded," Moreno is quoted as saying in the Spanish-language article. "I am very excited about because it sounds futuristic compared to our last album, 'Diamond Eyes' — so it feels like a step forward."



2010's "Diamond Eyes" has been one of DEFTONES' most successful outings. The set's last single, "You've Seen The Butcher", was a Top 15 rock radio hit.



DEFTONES will once again record with Sergio Vega on bass. Vega stepped in for touring purposes after original bassist Chi Cheng was left in a semi-comatose state by a November 2008 car accident, and stayed on to record "Diamond Eyes" with the group.



Last October, Reprise Records released a limited-edition vinyl box set from DEFTONES. "Deftones: The Vinyl Collection, 1995 - 2011" is a seven-album (8 LP) retrospective containing the band's six studio albums — 1995's "Adrenaline", 1997's "Around The Fur", 2000's "White Pony", 2003's "Deftones", 2006's "Saturday Night Wrist", and 2010's "Diamond Eyes", and the limited-edition 2011 Record Store Day release "Covers". Each album was exclusively re-cut for vinyl from the original master recordings and pressed on 180-gram European virgin vinyl. The collection, which included a unique lithograph and cover art, came packaged in a hand-numbered collector's box pressing of 1,000 copies worldwide
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by deckard »

they need to release eros
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="toozey"]they need to release eros[/quote]





this





some new tones is much welcomed by myself. 2012 will be so good.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by rhino »

DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno told the Buenos Aires, Argentina radio station Vorterix Rock 103.1 earlier this week (see video below) that the band completed pre-production on its seventh album late last month and will enter the studio in a few days to begin recording the effort for a late 2012 release. "We start recording next week," he said. "Right before I came last week, we finished all the writing, so next week, when I get back, we start recording and we should have a record that comes out early fall… October. Maybe September."
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by droidspawn »

sooner than I hoped, sweet.
User avatar
beandorkio
God of Emptiness
Posts: 735
Joined: 22 Apr 2009, 12:35

Re: DEFTONES To Enter Studio In July

Post by beandorkio »

Ooh! I'm actually kind of excited about this
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
Post Reply