New Nile Interview

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Exorsexist
Neophyte
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Dec 2011, 23:13

New Nile Interview

Post by Exorsexist »

COBRA: As far as the concept of the new record is concerned, what can you tell us?

KARL: It’s in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it. What matters to me is when I’m out on tour and I meet the ACTUAL fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There’s a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record.

COBRA: Can we expect any guest appearances on this new record?

KARL: Jon Vesano is all over this record. (Our Former Singer and Bass Guitarist who we’re still good friends with) Jon did some guest vocals on “Those Whom The Gods Detest” and it made us realize all over again all the things we really liked about Jon’s vocals. We wanted to incorporate some of his insanity. (laughs) He’s wicked man. He knows how to channel that inner possession. He finds a way to summon it. It’s great stuff.

COBRA: When is it scheduled to be released?

KARL: Who the fuck knows! (laughs) I’m guessing late May or early June. Just in time for summer.




Nice. Jon Vesano :greenie: Btw, when did Chris Lollis quit the band? Who is that Todd ellis hard-on bearer?



You can read the whole interview at this website: <!-- m -->http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/<!-- m -->
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Abzu »

We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it.
:redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by agony bagony »

yeah what do you think he had in mind when he said that?
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
zambon
God of Emptiness
Posts: 586
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 17:31

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by zambon »

im sure this will be fucking killer :waa:



cant wait :greenie:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="taint sauce"]yeah what do you think he had in mind when he said that?[/quote]



Not Morbid Angel. Him and the entire metal community unanimously praised IDI on facebook when it came out remember?
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59380
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Don't care.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by zim »

I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Abzu »

'Came out' is right.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Exorsexist
Neophyte
Posts: 27
Joined: 28 Dec 2011, 23:13

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Exorsexist »

[quote name="ZIMGINA"]I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?[/quote]



He did some additional vocals on previous album as well.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by droidspawn »

meh
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="ZIMGINA"]I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?[/quote]



No, he left to start his own business in irrigation.
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Haunty »

COBRA: As far as the concept of the new record is concerned, what can you tell us?

KARL: It’s in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it. What matters to me is when I’m out on tour and I meet the ACTUAL fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There’s a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record.

COBRA: Can we expect any guest appearances on this new record?

KARL: Jon Vesano is all over this record. (Our Former Singer and Bass Guitarist who we’re still good friends with) Jon did some guest vocals on “Those Whom The Gods Detest” and it made us realize all over again all the things we really liked about Jon’s vocals. We wanted to incorporate some of his insanity. (laughs) He’s wicked man. He knows how to channel that inner possession. He finds a way to summon it. It’s great stuff.

COBRA: When is it scheduled to be released?

KARL: Who the fuck knows! (laughs) I’m guessing late May or early June. Just in time for summer.




Nice. Jon Vesano :greenie: Btw, when did Chris Lollis quit the band? Who is that Todd ellis hard-on bearer?



You can read the whole interview at this website: <!-- m -->http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/<!-- m -->


Chris quit last year (I think). Actually, I think he was fired. Karl said something to the effect of "we do not speak of this."
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Hugo. »

He fucked off and didnt answer his phone for months :idea:
Image
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Mr. P »

So he has now f'd off twice from Nile? Or do I mix him up with someone else?
:xx:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: New Nile Interview

Post by Hugo. »

They go through the bass player alright
Image
Post Reply