Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176 Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector
Post
by Paste Human » 01 Apr 2012, 14:47
[youtube]NTyuFUO4DnE[/youtube]
[youtube]nhABFw47ul0[/youtube]
And so on.
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733 Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom
Post
by Holocaust » 01 Apr 2012, 15:23
You expected a masterpiece from a convict with a First Act guitar?
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176 Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector
Post
by Paste Human » 01 Apr 2012, 15:26
A lot of the first one was old material, and maybe he was still grasping for a theme on the second one. But if this is where he plans to go with his act, I just can't follow it.
And chanting over tremolo riffs? That's Summoning's routine
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733 Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom
Post
by Holocaust » 01 Apr 2012, 15:30
I think he's just bored
methodrone
God of Emptiness
Posts: 844 Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36
Post
by methodrone » 01 Apr 2012, 16:19
summoning blows
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176 Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector
Post
by Paste Human » 01 Apr 2012, 16:27
Summoning? Almost always great but usually not excellent. Very good more often than not.
Burzum? Always excellent early on but basically pointless since 1996. At this point his music is downright annoying.
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363 Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Post
by agony bagony » 01 Apr 2012, 18:40
[quote name="Paste Human"]Burzum blows[/quote]
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613 Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door
Post
by Abzu » 01 Apr 2012, 21:29
I haven't heard the entire album yet but I enjoyed those clips.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote: the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253 Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Post
by vO)))id » 02 Apr 2012, 04:14
first impression is better than of the previous 2
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143 Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Post
by rhino » 02 Apr 2012, 06:02
its ok, the first half anyway. belus is still my fav
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253 Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Post
by vO)))id » 02 Apr 2012, 14:01
i can't really get into belus, haven't really given fallen a chance, but I just continue to prefer and listen to his old stuff.
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909 Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:
Post
by FUKKET » 18 Apr 2012, 07:36
old man is old
zambon
God of Emptiness
Posts: 586 Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 17:31
Post
by zambon » 18 Apr 2012, 08:17
i prefer an old varg still kicking ass than a too extreme homossexual couple making "new"* music for people who are superior for being outside of the box
new music: already have done 15 years ago and much better
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176 Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector
Post
by Paste Human » 22 Apr 2012, 16:40
[quote name="FUKKET"]old man is old
[/quote]
This one dude I work with looks exactly like post-prison Varg, but I'm always hesitant to share this with him. I figure it would be really awkward if he bothered to read up on the man he reminds me of.
The same situation applies to another co-worker who looks exactly like Murderface from Metalocalypse. The similarities are so striking that I've put serious thought into how I could create a situation in which taking his picture wouldn't seem strange.
Santyago
Member
Posts: 203 Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58
Post
by Santyago » 22 Apr 2012, 19:19
[quote name="FUKKET"]old man is old
[/quote]
He is only 39.