100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by FUKKET »

100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual list of Hendrix, SRV, Jeff Beck etc...)



http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-100- ... ime?page=0
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by shadowalk »

It's the hipster version.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by zim »

When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by FUKKET »

there's a few really done ones, But good to see these folks appear:



Bill Steer (Napalm Death/Carcass)

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)

Dylan Carlson (Earth)

Ian MacKaye and hard-on bearer Picciotto (Fugazi)

Stone Gossard (Pearl Jam)

jorsh Homme

Keiji Haino

Duane Denison (Tomahwak/the Jesus Lizard)

Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

Mick Barr (Orthrelm/Krallice)

Arto Lindsay

Adrian Belew

Eugene Chadbourne

Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan)

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Tony Maiden (Rufus)

Fred Frith

Marc Ribot

Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)

John McLaughlin

Nels Cline

Nile Rodgers (Chic)

Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine)

Justin Broadrick (Napalm Death/Godflesh/Jesu)

Robert Quine

Derek Bailey

King Buzzo (Melvins)

Robert Fripp (King Crimson)

Steve Albini

Jimmy Nolen (James Brown)

Frank Zappa

Greg Ginn (Black Flag)

Eddie Hazel (Funkadelic)

Prince

Kurt Cobain

Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth)
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="zim"]When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.[/quote]



me too
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by jawn galliano »

definitely one of the more interesting lists i've seen. i was pleasantly surprised to see euronymous and broadrick both represented and placed as high as they were.



and since i guess i'm the most obvious person to get it started, i'll commence bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Dudley"]and since i guess i'm the most obvious person to get it started, i'll commence bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.[/quote]

Well then, I'm glad I didn't bother to read past Skrillex. Th'fuck is that shit?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by Haunty »

When I'm not posting from my phone, I'll post the guitar world version, as it is scads better.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59380
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

    vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
    Ninny wrote: ↑
    10 Oct 2021, 21:53
    but now I want to suck her soft parts.
    User avatar
    FUKKET
    Metal God
    Posts: 8909
    Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
    Location: Heranus
    Contact:

    Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

    Post by FUKKET »

    [quote name="Dudley"] i was pleasantly surprised to see euronymous and broadrick both represented and placed as high as they were.[/quote]



    this



    and this



    [quote name="Dudley"] bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.[/quote]
    Post Reply