Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
<!-- m -->http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/05/25/ni ... -of-sethu/<!-- m -->
I'm reserving judgement, but this sounds really old school to mine ears. Very different production values than recent records. Almost rock n Roll in places.
I'm reserving judgement, but this sounds really old school to mine ears. Very different production values than recent records. Almost rock n Roll in places.

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
This certainly isn't what I was expecting. It's alright, but if the whole album is like this it might get a bit much.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
My thoughts exactly. I dont think it will though.
The stops in this song grated on me during the first listen, but it definitely sounded better the second time.
The stops in this song grated on me during the first listen, but it definitely sounded better the second time.

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
[youtube]2Y0JCCwG0ww[/youtube]
This song gives me more faith in the album than that new one.
This song gives me more faith in the album than that new one.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Harry Lime
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 687
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 08:06
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
Wow, I liked that a lot. Certainly different then what I was expecting.

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
some parts we're a bit abzu/melechesh-ish 

- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
the main riff in that magick nonsense has a section that sounds identical to a bit from the castlevania 2 music

- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
found it!
[youtube]G4JlNJWv-PM[/youtube]

[youtube]G4JlNJWv-PM[/youtube]
- Phantoon
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 23 May 2011, 01:47
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
It does sound old school like their first album, with a raw production and quite noisy. I like it. Could this be Nile's Heretic ? 
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
The song is cool and better than I expected.
Also, Castlevania II
Also, Castlevania II
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
The music sounds like it was inspired by Death, in places. The drum kit is very dry and rocky. I'm loving the slow bomb blasting at 2:30.

- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
Production almost sounds like a demo.
I can still dig it though.
I can still dig it though.
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
JON FUCKING VESANO 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
The vocals win. Dallas was actually my favourite vocalist until he took over 99% of the job on Ithyphallic. He's an awesome hard-on bearer to look forward to, just not all the the fucking time.
I actually thought it was mike brezeale doing main vocals here,
I actually thought it was mike brezeale doing main vocals here,

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
Holy shit, apparently, its Karl doing 99% of these vox!!! Even Overlaying different styles. Mike and jason hagan do the elodics and vesano just a couple of growls here and there.

- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
don't mind the song - but the production is yucky...
thin & clicky in my opinion.
thin & clicky in my opinion.
- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
I like it.
lots of old school/new george-driven stuffs going on here.

- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
[quote name="Zilly Toid"]The music sounds like it was inspired by Death, in places. The drum kit is very dry and rocky. I'm loving the slow bomb blasting at 2:30.[/quote]
Yeah, I noticed that too. The song structure around that section is amazing.
Yeah, I noticed that too. The song structure around that section is amazing.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
there were parts of the song i liked but overall i was bored
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
Sounds super clear and crispy. Not much low end (mostly in the drums), but it has its charm. Overal sound is rather thin... and I don't like thin.
Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN!
Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN!
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
[quote name="tuned beer"] Overal sound is rather thin... and I don't like thin.
Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN![/quote]
Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN![/quote]
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
From NBB:
"Right on. For anyone interested in the Vocal Breakdowns in this [new] song;
The Part that goes "I will Erase You" is Mike Breazeale and Jason Hagan Harmonizing
The Part that goes "I am Re" Is Mike Breazeale
The very first growl , the last growl , and the two demon possesion growl/screams over the instrumental break is Jon vesano
The rest is me , doing a couple of different voices - the first and very last verse is a normal Karl subteranna "mummy growl" , then there is the Sobe Karl voice - kind like the old school aforementioned "coroner vox" and a few variations where the different voices are layered together for sickness .
The idea is /was to branch out somewhat , and incorporate a little variety in the vocals beyond ( in the words of our detractors) the same old thing .
[...]
"Fiends" happens to be the one random track that doesn't have Dallas - but it does have a wide variety of guests .
[...]
Yes, the vox on Fiends ARE different."
"Right on. For anyone interested in the Vocal Breakdowns in this [new] song;
The Part that goes "I will Erase You" is Mike Breazeale and Jason Hagan Harmonizing
The Part that goes "I am Re" Is Mike Breazeale
The very first growl , the last growl , and the two demon possesion growl/screams over the instrumental break is Jon vesano
The rest is me , doing a couple of different voices - the first and very last verse is a normal Karl subteranna "mummy growl" , then there is the Sobe Karl voice - kind like the old school aforementioned "coroner vox" and a few variations where the different voices are layered together for sickness .
The idea is /was to branch out somewhat , and incorporate a little variety in the vocals beyond ( in the words of our detractors) the same old thing .
[...]
"Fiends" happens to be the one random track that doesn't have Dallas - but it does have a wide variety of guests .
[...]
Yes, the vox on Fiends ARE different."
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas
That's awesome! I'm giving it another spin just for those vocals.