Underrated musicians in famous bands

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by Devy »

Last night, I found myself watching Judas Priest's "Rising In The East" show on Sky Arts. I knew a few of the hits and always liked the heavier ones, but I never realised just how good those guitarists are. To have been writing stuff like that in the eightiess and early era of the gloryhole and to still be playing it perfectly when they're all aged around 60 is incredible



[youtube]cF0f2Sof31M[/youtube]



Very yes :xx:



You will now say things about similar people :santa:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by rhino »

Image
User avatar
baron von blondle
Ancient One
Posts: 3660
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
Location: In Trouble
Contact:

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by baron von blondle »

Image
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by deckard »

alex lifeson
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by Hugo. »

I'm not sure if Chris Broderick gets enough props.
Image
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by FUKKET »

Image



Image



like or hate the vice squad, like or hate Sting - both guys are amazing players.



Andy's solo fusion albums are cool, and recently I watched a vice squad reunion DVD - Sting is such a smooth, solid player. and to play thumb style (like finger picking a guitar) is really awesome!

and to be so tight while singing like a splendid mate of mine too!
User avatar
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by Paste Human »

[quote name="toozey"]alex lifeson[/quote]



I wouldn't have thought of this, but definitely yes :idea:



(Edit: I was actually thinking of Alex Skolnick from Testament, not the dude from Rush :redneck:)



Every now and then I stumble upon interviews of various musicians who claim that James Hetfield is a way better guitarist than his role in Metallica would lead people to believe. Not sure if it's true, but that's pretty cool if it is.
Image
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Post by deckard »

he has such a distinct style and his playing is totally instinctive.
Post Reply