Pete quits I Am Morbid

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Post Reply
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26915
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by zim »

pete is 62 years old, i'd say he's worn out. hope he gets the rest he needs.
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 16424
Joined: 09 Apr 2003, 05:39
Location: Unknown

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by User »

no shits given but good luck pete
more metal
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7802
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by Lavabug »

zim wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2026, 05:45
pete is 62 years old, i'd say he's worn out. hope he gets the rest he needs.
he also mentioned he's going to be touring Europe "under different circumstances".

Presumably Terrorizer or... ?
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26915
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by zim »

Lavabug wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 09:05
zim wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2026, 05:45
pete is 62 years old, i'd say he's worn out. hope he gets the rest he needs.
he also mentioned he's going to be touring Europe "under different circumstances".

Presumably Terrorizer or... ?
saw this in a comment - who knows what could happen but interesting he didn't say "no"
Screenshot_20260930-215709.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24047
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by jawn galliano »

i could get excited for that as long as any prospective reunion included a yearlong rehab stint for trey
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26915
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by zim »

i don't really want it to happen, at least not a tour. if they just wanted to do an album i'd be okay with that but they shouldn't tour anymore
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24047
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by jawn galliano »

i think the low odds that any of them have meaningful retirement savings or planning means more touring is probably inevitable as long as they're physically capable :oldryan:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26915
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Pete quits I Am Morbid

Post by zim »

pete seems to have an unending supply of memorabilia that he constantly sells on instagram (i bought some :redneck:)

i get needing to pay the bills but these guys are getting old, do we really need 60+ year old death metal dudes on stage struggling to play. a lot of people seem to shrug it off but it's like, y'all do not sound good live anymore, what are you doing. does anyone else hear what i'm hearing
Post Reply