this is :xx:
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
this is :xx:
[youtube]daqaIRS_rZg[/youtube]
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
catacombs carpools with the win
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: this is :xx:
I honestly like Dallas's old vocal style more than the new one.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
dallas didnt materialise til later
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: this is :xx:
I wish Karl would write hisself more vocals. He's a nice change of pace in the song.
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Verbal"]dallas didnt materialise til later[/quote]
he does vocals in this here video
he does vocals in this here video
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: this is :xx:
Karl vocals at 5:00 are awesome here, at 5:11 he does a fucking evil scream, I wish there was more of that.
[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube]
[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: this is :xx:
Dallas vocals on the new album is phenomenal I think. Karl is a great vocalist as well. I love that screaming kind of vocals he's doing.
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: this is :xx:
I wonder how they got away with filming it. Karl is notoriously a fuckin' nazi about people filming concerts.
But yeah, that scream you pointed out is
and there needs to be more of it.
But yeah, that scream you pointed out is

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="hbw"]I wonder how they got away with filming it. Karl is notoriously a fuckin' nazi about people filming concerts.
But yeah, that scream you pointed out is
and there needs to be more of it.[/quote]
I managed to record 2 and a half, maybe 3 and a half songs from their set. Been thinking about posting them
But yeah, that scream you pointed out is
I managed to record 2 and a half, maybe 3 and a half songs from their set. Been thinking about posting them
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: this is :xx:
I guess it must have finally dawned on him that bootlegs are absolutely unavoidable in this day and age, and finally relaxed his fucking sphincter. There was a good span of time where they'd have security confiscate your phone, camera, etc if they saw you filming it. 

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="zimberly"]Karl vocals at 5:00 are awesome here, at 5:11 he does a fucking evil scream, I wish there was more of that.
[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube][/quote]
that performance is so awesome
[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube][/quote]
that performance is so awesome
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: this is :xx:
The only reason to be against live recordings is if you're shit live. Nile don't have that problem and to my knowledge never have, so surely it would only be good publicity for people to see how good they are live. If I hear a band that's good live, I'll likely check out their album as there'd probably be a lot they couldn't get across live.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
the line was that they dont want shitty quality recordings of their material
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: this is :xx:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: this is :xx:
[youtube]RMmdBgJshpY[/youtube]
this one!
that chorus riff always gives me chills, together with the rhythm 
this one!
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: this is :xx:
Awesome performance. They're so tight and heavy.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
i just listened to twtgd. i dont like it. part of this may be that im finding myself less interested in metal in general, but i also just prefer the earlier sound they had. first 3 > latest 3
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Verbal"] i also just prefer the earlier sound they had. first 3 > latest 3[/quote]
I agree. But I actually like the new one, I really like Kafir.
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka is definatly THE Nile album in my opinion.
I agree. But I actually like the new one, I really like Kafir.
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka is definatly THE Nile album in my opinion.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: this is :xx:
I agree except that Annihilation of the wicked > in their darkened shrines.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
i prefer shrines. annihilation is comfortably the best of the llatest thrree though imo. first four > latest two 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: this is :xx:
I would love to hear the production of catacombs on some of their newer work. TWTGD is awesome so fuck all yall.

- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: this is :xx:
Shrines is great but it lacks a little bit production-wise. The guitars are too muddy.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: this is :xx:
karls needs to lay off the kfc.
I mean, I know he's always been big....but now he's even bigger!
I mean, I know he's always been big....but now he's even bigger!
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: this is :xx:
i thought he had lost weight when i saw them earlier this year 
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: this is :xx:
He's fucking huge. `The guitar looks like a violin on him.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
I thought I heard or saw something about him having lost weight.
I listened to ITDS today for the first time in maybe two years (apart from the occasional KAB). Good, good album.
I listened to ITDS today for the first time in maybe two years (apart from the occasional KAB). Good, good album.
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: this is :xx:
Seriously. His arms are bigger than my legs.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Void"][youtube]RMmdBgJshpY[/youtube]
this one!
that chorus riff always gives me chills, together with the rhythm
[/quote]
I was there. They played well but were so boring on stage. Also i could do without the "Brothers of metal" speaches.. Let manowar do that. I've seen them with Hamura on drums and chief Spires on vox, then with Jon Vessano. This lineup may be the tightest but the most boring stage presence wise.
The last album is among their best though.
this one!
I was there. They played well but were so boring on stage. Also i could do without the "Brothers of metal" speaches.. Let manowar do that. I've seen them with Hamura on drums and chief Spires on vox, then with Jon Vessano. This lineup may be the tightest but the most boring stage presence wise.
The last album is among their best though.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: this is :xx:
That's right uni, I've seen them 3 times with Jon and he was always full of energy. Not the tightest performances but who cares? the energy was great and he was a beast on stage.
I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches
and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.
I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches
and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Void"]I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches
[/quote]
ive never seen nile, but i would also
at these.
ive never seen nile, but i would also
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: this is :xx:
still... this one fucking KILLS
[youtube]emkvXjcAXb0[/youtube]
[youtube]emkvXjcAXb0[/youtube]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: this is :xx:
The outro of permitting is as punishing a riff as Nile have ever produced. There, i said it.
In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.
In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.

- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Void"]I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches 
BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]
Indeed. And BSOV is my favorite one too.
BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]
Indeed. And BSOV is my favorite one too.
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]The outro of permitting is as punishing a riff as Nile have ever produced. There, i said it.
In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.[/quote]
I agree with you front to back on this issue. Also that I hate the brothers speeches. Also that BSoV is the best. Also that Dallas has little or no stage presence in these videos.
In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.[/quote]
I agree with you front to back on this issue. Also that I hate the brothers speeches. Also that BSoV is the best. Also that Dallas has little or no stage presence in these videos.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Void"]That's right uni, I've seen them 3 times with Jon and he was always full of energy. Not the tightest performances but who cares? the energy was great and he was a beast on stage.
I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches
and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]
I think my faves are Catacombs, Shrines and the new one. AOTW and I didn't do it for me.
I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches
and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]
I think my faves are Catacombs, Shrines and the new one. AOTW and I didn't do it for me.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
greazo will call you a retard for saying that 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.[/quote]
I prefer stage pretence
I prefer stage pretence
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.[/quote]
I prefer stage pretence[/quote]
both are of great impotence
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.[/quote]
I prefer stage pretence[/quote]
both are of great impotence
- djonni greazo
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2752
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
- Location: NWO
- Contact:
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Verbal"]greazo will call you a retard for saying that
[/quote]
you're a retard for saying that
you're a retard for saying that
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
i love you
- djonni greazo
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2752
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
- Location: NWO
- Contact:
Re: this is :xx:
[quote name="Verbal"]i love you[/quote]
and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us
and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: this is :xx:
cogito ergo sum, we have no problem than
- Lieutenant Ripley
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1974
- Joined: 28 Jul 2010, 10:56
- Location: In Deep Space
