
does anybody care about the new opeth?
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I do. cover art made me do a double take as that's not the usual for them. but the more I looked at it (minus the heads on the tree) the more neat I think it is. Makes me think the new one will be more like damnation which I'm ok with. That is my second favorite opeth so my interest is definitely peaked.
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I think that's extremely cool artwork.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
its....interesting for sure
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
emerald city in the background!? on fire no less.
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Wait, I didn't notice the band member's head in the tree. That kinda ruins it. In fact I think it kinda sucks now. I CANT UNNOTICE IT.
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
cover art is an awesome parody of old prog rock covers
really have high hopes for this, I hope they just ditch the death metal parts and make an all out psyche/prog rock record. I mean, I'll take the metal parts, as long as they fit in right (ie not how watershed was, completely fucking disjointed)
really have high hopes for this, I hope they just ditch the death metal parts and make an all out psyche/prog rock record. I mean, I'll take the metal parts, as long as they fit in right (ie not how watershed was, completely fucking disjointed)
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Absolutely not
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
not at the moment but at some time in the future i might care about it
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
i certainly do! i loved watershed, it was a great comeback after ghost reveries.
my fave is still morningrise... that's just such a brilliant album.
this album art is very cool! don't really like the heads in the tree but it's very '70s
my fave is still morningrise... that's just such a brilliant album.
this album art is very cool! don't really like the heads in the tree but it's very '70s
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
What's his name was nifty in that Ihsahn song that time.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]nope
[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I loved watershed too. One thing that pisses me off is that they have no problem in the last ten+ years doing a completely light song, but never do a completely heavy song. Kinda gay.
Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?
Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?

- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
[quote name="Hugo"]Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?[/quote]
Opeth in general
Opeth in general
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Yeah I really hope they're going to try a new direction with this one...
not trying something totally off-Opeth, but perhaps a different approach production wise, maybe some new guitar sounds or overal different sound while still keeping the Opeth vibe. That's something I really want to see them doing this far into their career.
not trying something totally off-Opeth, but perhaps a different approach production wise, maybe some new guitar sounds or overal different sound while still keeping the Opeth vibe. That's something I really want to see them doing this far into their career.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
This is by far the worst Swedish "death metal" [can't really call it that] band of all time. 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I'm sure there are worse but they still rank near the bottom
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
This band really is terrible. They can't decide if they want to sound like Pink Floyd or Dream Theater with a cookie monster for a vocalist.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.
I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.
I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]
I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.
I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.
I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.[/quote]
pretty much the same here. i was into them pretty hard for a few years and own all of their stuff, up to ghost reveries anyway
I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.
I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.
I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.[/quote]
pretty much the same here. i was into them pretty hard for a few years and own all of their stuff, up to ghost reveries anyway
- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I like selective opeth tracks track, which i find very good 
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
I thought it was awesome up until I noticed the headfruit, now I can't help laughing at it.
I enjoy My Arms to Damnation, couldn't get into the older stuff, never got on with Ghost Reveries, sounded stale and forced. Haven't heard anything else.
I enjoy My Arms to Damnation, couldn't get into the older stuff, never got on with Ghost Reveries, sounded stale and forced. Haven't heard anything else.



