New Iron Maiden album

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

New Iron Maiden album

Post by Mr. P »

I decided to pout up a thread here instead of file section which some don't view so often. You thoughts on the new album?



I have now listened 2 days for the album and I am disapointed for the outcome. Final Frontier, the actual song part, is very nice track and El Dorado is also a tune for enjoy, but after that I think the level lowers uite dramatically. Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, Talisman could have easily been erased from this album. The Alchemist and The Man Who Would Be King are the two ok level songs, but still too long and should have been edited to be shorter like all the other songs.



In the end; I think there would have been material to write a good 40-45 minute album instead I think there is 35 minutes of extra unnecessary wankery added. My first reaction to this album was even worse than with the album before. And oh dear, Bruce just sounds awful in some songs.
:xx:
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by TamPron »

And they turned Eddie into some weird alien monster thing.... :frown:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

is from ages that I sard Maiden nu albums :brushteeth:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
djonni greazo
Ancient One
Posts: 2752
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:18
Location: NWO
Contact:

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by djonni greazo »

the only maiden album after Seventh son i enjoyed was X Factor. and this is no exception. goddamn why do they have to needlessly extend their songs?! not even opeth and metallica are so dull about it. only vital remains can challenge these old farts in the "needless repetition" part
:xx: Image :xx:
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I really can't get very into the material after 1985 :oldryan:



p.s. I can't stand Dickinson
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by Verbal »

I spin the first album occasionally. I generally dislike this band. Cheesey lyrics and vocals. :oldryan:
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by Mr. P »

Only 1,5 replies regarding the actual topic :frown:
:xx:
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]Only 1,5 replies regarding the actual topic :frown:[/quote]

I fully agree with every thing you said in the first post.
User avatar
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 65
Joined: 06 Feb 2010, 16:42

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by Humwawa »

The opening riff of the 4th song "Coming Home" is totally ripped of some song of ALAS (Erik Rutan's sideproject :xx: ). The riff and even soundwise...



'The Man who would be King' is the best song on the album imo. It struck me it was mainly written by Dave Murray, since he doesn't write a lot of material for Maiden.
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by Mutilator »

Starblind has lots of rippoff from Infinite dreams.



Overall the whole album has these halfish recycled melodics from various previous albums.



This is just Maiden anno 2010 and I like it for what it is.



I'm also very happy that it's much better than the 2 previous albums which disappointed me.



Where the wild wind blows is a great track btw.



When it becomes cheaper I'll buy it.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New Iron Maiden album

Post by droidspawn »

I picked it up at best buy for $5! $9.99 on sale and I got a $5 reward certificate. It's an alright album overall. Not that good, 2-3 decent tracks but definitely worth $5.
Post Reply