Hey! Americans!

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Hey! Americans!

Post by M.Bison »

Recommend me some good twangy, spaghetti westerny, droney bluesy, country... whatever the heck it's called. :homework:



Stuff like the Dollars trilogy music. The only band I know of that plays a similiar style is Godspeed on F# A# :blush:



[youtube]-aLjup934Rk[/youtube]
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Haunty »

Well I know what you mean, and I wish I could think of something. I'd really like more stuff like this to listen to, myself. I'll try to scratch the ol' memory bank and see if I can come up with something.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Loki »

So more post-rock? I think it's an odd description for a genre, or even the title for one. Either way, maybe some Silver Mt Zion. It was a band that stemmed from members of Godspeed. Saw them in Philly a few months ago, very, very good live.



[youtube]qa-ax0wW7ng[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Mesarthim »

Red Sparrows maybe?
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Loki »

That album that was posted on here a few weeks back, The Fear etc etc, was very cool. I still jam it when it comes time to sleep. Which I should be doing now.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by jawn galliano »

hrm, you might dig earth - hex. kind of a similar western-ish vibe to it.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Hugo. »

Slint.
Image
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Loki »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]hrm, you might dig earth - hex. kind of a similar western-ish vibe to it.[/quote]





Bees was excellent too :idea:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by jawn galliano »

out of their newer material, the only other one i think i have is hibernaculum, which also was pretty good. i think it was older songs redone in the style of hex :huh:



i shall have to grab this bees you speak of :idea:
User avatar
Loki
God of Emptiness
Posts: 946
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:27
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by Loki »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]never lazy for a whore :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: Hey! Americans!

Post by M.Bison »

[quote name="Loki"]So more post-rock?[/quote]



Well... not specifically, just anything that has the same epic feel and big twangy guitar work.



I shall check out this Slint and Carrion Blues. :xx:



Oh yeah dudes... I also like Earth, Hex being my fav album, I probably should have mentioned that :redneck:
Image
Post Reply