First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .
[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube]
I used to really be into bootlegs and obscure music videos and I recall I downloaded this song/video on mIRC sometime in the late 90's.
it took hours to download stuff like this (56k modem LOL) so I was always awake really late at night searching and would have them download while I slept or was at school. I recall watching this one really late at night with the lights off and I don't know what it was about it... visually and musically I was impressed and I never looked back after that.
it's funny. stuff like this is available readily at your fingertips nowadays but back then I remember I would hours or days searching for music sometimes with little to no results. record stores obviously didn't carry stuff like this so it was the internet or nothing (a lot of mail order was only available in Europe or very limited in the USA and sites like Amazon were still in their infancy.
[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube]
I used to really be into bootlegs and obscure music videos and I recall I downloaded this song/video on mIRC sometime in the late 90's.
it took hours to download stuff like this (56k modem LOL) so I was always awake really late at night searching and would have them download while I slept or was at school. I recall watching this one really late at night with the lights off and I don't know what it was about it... visually and musically I was impressed and I never looked back after that.
it's funny. stuff like this is available readily at your fingertips nowadays but back then I remember I would hours or days searching for music sometimes with little to no results. record stores obviously didn't carry stuff like this so it was the internet or nothing (a lot of mail order was only available in Europe or very limited in the USA and sites like Amazon were still in their infancy.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
[youtube]cKGssVRODd8[/youtube]
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm"
I think it may have been Dark Funeral - Secrets of the Black Arts.
[youtube]Tu093hkiUMU[/youtube]
I think it may have been Dark Funeral - Secrets of the Black Arts.
[youtube]Tu093hkiUMU[/youtube]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
-M-
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:28
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
I don't remember. It was like 20 years ago 
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
[quote name="Lumbergh"]for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .
[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube][/quote]
This.
And: Dimmu Borgir - Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria
[youtube]TR8-S-g1eGo[/youtube]
[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube][/quote]
This.
And: Dimmu Borgir - Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria
[youtube]TR8-S-g1eGo[/youtube]
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
Probably something with Mayhem. I think it was Chainsaw gutsfuck.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
something by emperor, hell if i can remember what song it was. heard it on the radio waaaay back when and as a result, went out and bought anthems.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
yeah I remember I got into Dimmu Borgir soon after my discovery of Emperor. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant had only recently come out and Spiritual Black Dimensions came out a little over a year of me blasting EDT as I recall. I loved both albums, it's a shame the band is such a joke nowadays. they had so much potential.
Immortal were next I believe. I had seen the video for Blashyrkh and thought there is no way something so hilariously awesome could be bad.
[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]
Satyircon after that of course.
[youtube]PaTX4qd-U2s[/youtube]
just been looking back at my roots recently. although I recall listening to other bands like Cradle Of Filth, Dark Funeral, etc, I never really got into them and don''t really listen to them anymore. oddly enough I never got into bands like Burzum or Mayhem until much later despite knowing of them fairly early on.
:grimgreenie:
Immortal were next I believe. I had seen the video for Blashyrkh and thought there is no way something so hilariously awesome could be bad.
[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]
Satyircon after that of course.
[youtube]PaTX4qd-U2s[/youtube]
just been looking back at my roots recently. although I recall listening to other bands like Cradle Of Filth, Dark Funeral, etc, I never really got into them and don''t really listen to them anymore. oddly enough I never got into bands like Burzum or Mayhem until much later despite knowing of them fairly early on.
:grimgreenie:
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
this was my first and last
[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]
[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
I don't remember, something from bathory and venom of course

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
For me it was this i think -
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Blackend ... ase/384446
A compilation that had many awesome tracks on it. I remember falling 'in-love' with Emperor and a few other too.
But I may have got Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz before that, after reading awesome & intriguing reviews on it (when I was getting into occult stuff as a teener)
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Blackend ... ase/384446
A compilation that had many awesome tracks on it. I remember falling 'in-love' with Emperor and a few other too.
But I may have got Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz before that, after reading awesome & intriguing reviews on it (when I was getting into occult stuff as a teener)
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.
Otherwise it's...
[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]
I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood.
Otherwise it's...
[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]
I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
[quote name="shadowalk"]If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.
Otherwise it's...
[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]
I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood.
[/quote]
Those interviews are funny and fun.
If we're counting Cradle of Filth, which we probably shouldn't be, my first is actually Dusk... And Her Embrace.
Otherwise it's...
[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]
I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood.
Those interviews are funny and fun.
If we're counting Cradle of Filth, which we probably shouldn't be, my first is actually Dusk... And Her Embrace.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Praise of Death
- Neophyte
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 25 Dec 2009, 20:04
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, if we don't count Bathory and Venom ofcourse. It was early '95 if I remember correctly.... 
- Syysysyd
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
It was either Cof-babalon a.d. or dimmu borgir-progenies of the great apocalypse
- Love of Lava
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 815
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
- Location: imaginary beach
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
mayhem - pure fucking armageddon
and something of immortal
and something of immortal
love of lava.
- Bathsalt Zombie
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2644
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
- Location: The birthplace of death metal
- Contact:
Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.
If you wanna count Cradle, Her Ghost in the Fog
otherwise,
Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound and Emperor - Thus Spakes The Nightspirit
otherwise,
Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound and Emperor - Thus Spakes The Nightspirit
