bands you used to love

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

bands you used to love

Post by rhino »

but dont listen to much anymore?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: bands you used to love

Post by droidspawn »

most nu-metal
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Love of Lava »

sodom, kreator, ufo, omen



dunno why..
love of lava.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: bands you used to love

Post by rhino »

acid bath... completely wore them out
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: bands you used to love

Post by vO)))id »

I used to love Metallica.. but never really listen to them anymore.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: bands you used to love

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]I used to love Metallica.. but never really listen to them anymore.[/quote]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: bands you used to love

Post by shadowalk »

I still listen to all the bands that I loved when I was a kid. Some not as much as before and some more than I used to but I never really got tired of listening to a certain band(s).
User avatar
scarica
Ancient One
Posts: 2127
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:18
Location: hwy 180 burrito shop

Re: bands you used to love

Post by scarica »

once upon a time i loved led zepplin. fm radio stations have killed them over the years, and i'm on year 17 of a 20 year break so that i don't end up hating them altogether.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: bands you used to love

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="rhino"]acid bath... completely wore them out[/quote]





I don't really listen to them either anymore, same reason. But they still rule.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Alot of diffrent death / black metal bands
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: bands you used to love

Post by M.Bison »

Nile. Cannibal Corpse. etc
Image
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Mesarthim »

Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura, Anthrax



I used to like all these bands but rarely listen to them now. I haven't listened to metallica since st anger came out.



I still like Thrash Metal....I've just moved on.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]metallica and pantera come to mind[/quote]
-M-
Ancient One
Posts: 2033
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:28

Re: bands you used to love

Post by -M- »

Metallica, Kreator, Limbonic Art, Nile
-M-
Ancient One
Posts: 2033
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:28

Re: bands you used to love

Post by -M- »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]i think i would have enjoyed limbonic art more if their drum machine wasnt so god damned annoying[/quote]



They always made me laugh with pronouncing "v" in "veins" as "w".
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Mesarthim »

limbonic art :xx:



I still listen to them occasionally though not as much as I used to.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: bands you used to love

Post by agony bagony »

fear factory
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: bands you used to love

Post by rhino »

[quote name="Dusto"]fear factory[/quote]





transgression su.cks
User avatar
Santyago
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Santyago »

Mostly Thrash Metal. Instead of thinking in bands, I say the genre that I listen much less than I did some months ago.
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, To-mera, Lacuna Coil.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: bands you used to love

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Dusto"]fear factory[/quote]





transgression su.cks[/quote]



TRANSGRESSION IS A GREAT WORK OF yeah whatever



i still like all the songs i used to like, but where before they made me go :bang: now they mostly make me go :santa:



that said yesterday i did watch some youtube clips of the worcester '99 show, which totally ripped shit and made me nostalgic for the two times i saw them on the obsolete tour
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: bands you used to love

Post by agony bagony »

yup, that sounds about right
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Meat Engine »

Metallica for sure. Children of Bodom. Arch Enemy. Dimmu Borgir. In my defense, they all suck out loud these days. I didn't just grow out of them.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Abzu »

Sonic Youth, and I hate myself for it.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Hugo. »

Machine Head.



I was such a fan of The More Things Change.
Image
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: bands you used to love

Post by Syysysyd »

mastodon
Post Reply