You do it for me.
Why should I like Tool?
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Why should I like Tool?
I've never gotten round to really listening to them. Yes I've heard the singles and been confused by the videos, but they're never pulled me in. I'm considering launching another assault on them, but can't be arsed deciding where to start.
You do it for me.
You do it for me.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Why should I like Tool?
It can't hurt to start with Opiate and just move forward chronologically. Opiate is their first ep and a collection of their heaviest songs at the time of recording.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Why should I like Tool?
I say start with aenima
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Why should I like Tool?
[quote name="rhino"]I say start with aenima[/quote]
But that will make everything else disappointing.
But that will make everything else disappointing.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Why should I like Tool?
I also think Opiate is the best place to start. Then Undertown and 10,000 Days. Aenima and Lateralus last, take your pick and have a box of kleenex ready 
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: Why should I like Tool?
I agree with beginning on Opiate.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Why should I like Tool?
I've never been into them, nor see what the big wow factor is.
I like "Sober" though and the clip is fucking

I like "Sober" though and the clip is fucking
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: Why should I like Tool?
to actually try and answer your question, i would say because there's a lot of tasty riffage and drawn-out atmospheric stuff at work. maynard's lyrics can be a mite heavy-handed (though sometimes that's the point--as in "hooker with a penis"--and done to good effect), and i think a lot of the "mystique" the band cultivates around itself is pretentious to the max, but there's no denying a lot of the very quietly sinister stuff at work
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: Why should I like Tool?
[quote name="rhino"]I say start with aenima[/quote]
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY<!-- m -->
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
Re: Why should I like Tool?
opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.
and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]

and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]


-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Why should I like Tool?
[quote name="Kasper Berton"]opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.
and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]
[/quote]
Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the
right back
It was a typo.
and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]
Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the
It was a typo.
- supa tuna
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4496
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:40
- Location: The compound
Re: Why should I like Tool?
[quote name="Junkyard God"]
[quote name="Kasper Berton"]opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.
and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]
[/quote]
Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the
right back
It was a typo.
[/quote]
i figured it was a typo, i guess it should have been a
[quote name="Kasper Berton"]opiate is my favorite album, so, you should start there.
and
[quote name="Junkyard God"]Undertown[/quote]
Are you implying that I didn't know the name of the album was Undertow? Because, if so, I give the
It was a typo.
i figured it was a typo, i guess it should have been a


-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Why should I like Tool?
That would make more sense 



