i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by rhino »

a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them



whos with me :santa:
User avatar
baron von blondle
Ancient One
Posts: 3660
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
Location: In Trouble
Contact:

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by baron von blondle »

aye!
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by agony bagony »

totally agree; downloading albums is addictive and it's hard to quit. leads to massive listening backlogs as well



as of this moment i have listened to 5,064 of the 9,631 tracks on my itunes, or 52.6%. that isn't that much :oldryan:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by jawn galliano »

i don't even know how much of my downloaded collection i've listened to at this point. i can't really track my itunes stats since my laptop would have contained the most accurate reading



i do know i've got a ton of old shit that i listened to like half a time and gave up on but never bothered to delete
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by droidspawn »

But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by Abzu »

I completely agree, duder!
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by rhino »

Image



:oldryan:
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by Holocaust »

[quote name="rhino"]a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them



whos with me :santa:[/quote]



I agree. :santa: You buy a tape/CD and you get your money's worth if you can jam the entire album over and over again.
Image
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="rhino"]Image



:oldryan:[/quote]



that was so annoying
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]



I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="rhino"]Image



:oldryan:[/quote]

I don't miss that. Also when the tape gets twisted and you have to pull a bunch out to straighten it up and then carefully wind it back in without twisting it again. I used to do a lot to tapes, though. Fuck, sometimes I'd even transplant spools into different casings. That shit was fun.



I had one tape recorder I used to get samples from tv and the world around me and I could lightly half-push one of the buttons and it would slow the speed down... tapes were fun.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!



I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]



I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.[/quote]



Have you heard Murder the Mountains yet? It's killer. Reminds me of Baroness :xx:
Post Reply