whos with me
i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them
whos with me
whos with me
- baron von blondle
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3660
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
- Location: In Trouble
- Contact:
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
aye!

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
totally agree; downloading albums is addictive and it's hard to quit. leads to massive listening backlogs as well
as of this moment i have listened to 5,064 of the 9,631 tracks on my itunes, or 52.6%. that isn't that much
as of this moment i have listened to 5,064 of the 9,631 tracks on my itunes, or 52.6%. that isn't that much
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
i don't even know how much of my downloaded collection i've listened to at this point. i can't really track my itunes stats since my laptop would have contained the most accurate reading
i do know i've got a ton of old shit that i listened to like half a time and gave up on but never bothered to delete
i do know i've got a ton of old shit that i listened to like half a time and gave up on but never bothered to delete
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
I completely agree, duder!
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
[quote name="rhino"]a little while. i got so much shit to listen to, alot of really good shit, and i feel like i cheat myself if i only listen a few times. i guess i'm thinking back to the day where you would play your favorite cassette until the tape got ate up, and when the cd played until those 500 pound discmans batteries died and you had no new ones to replace them. i think there is some magic to be found in albums if you can listen 100+ times and still get a certain feeing from them
whos with me
[/quote]
I agree.
You buy a tape/CD and you get your money's worth if you can jam the entire album over and over again.
whos with me
I agree.

- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
[quote name="rhino"]
[/quote]
that was so annoying

that was so annoying
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]
I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]
I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.

- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
[quote name="rhino"]
[/quote]
I don't miss that. Also when the tape gets twisted and you have to pull a bunch out to straighten it up and then carefully wind it back in without twisting it again. I used to do a lot to tapes, though. Fuck, sometimes I'd even transplant spools into different casings. That shit was fun.
I had one tape recorder I used to get samples from tv and the world around me and I could lightly half-push one of the buttons and it would slow the speed down... tapes were fun.

I don't miss that. Also when the tape gets twisted and you have to pull a bunch out to straighten it up and then carefully wind it back in without twisting it again. I used to do a lot to tapes, though. Fuck, sometimes I'd even transplant spools into different casings. That shit was fun.
I had one tape recorder I used to get samples from tv and the world around me and I could lightly half-push one of the buttons and it would slow the speed down... tapes were fun.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: i need to quit buying and downloading albums for
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]
I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.[/quote]
Have you heard Murder the Mountains yet? It's killer. Reminds me of Baroness
[quote name="Junkyard God"]But the new foo fighters, pentagram and red fang come out tomorrow!
I'm buying an extra copy of the foo album for my cousin. It's his birthday tomorrow.[/quote]
I never see red fang discussed here. Theyre awesome.[/quote]
Have you heard Murder the Mountains yet? It's killer. Reminds me of Baroness